• Has anyone in a game of AA asked another player for a ceasefire. I did as the Germany once, because, UK were going to lose Africa, and Germany were going to lose their navy, and were stressed by Russia, and the UK needed Africa for Southeast Asia.

It lasted till UK recaptured (for USSR) Karelia. I then took all of Africa and Moscow, fell, and by that point Japan won in Asia.

• I can’t say that I have even heard of a ceasefire in A&A before.

• @Brain:

I can’t say that I have even heard of a ceasefire in A&A before.

Well if your playing against a computer you can’t, but in real life (if your desperate.)

• TripleA '12

I can see no situation where a ceasefire would mutually beneficial. And I, for one, would certainly not give my opponent any quarter whatsoever. They can expect nothing but the ‘whole nine yards’.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Interesting concept. Since I never saw a ceasefire rule in a Rulebook I have never used one. Personally, I don’t think it is necessary, accurate or a good idea. Who cares if you and your enemies lose some major holdings or forces. It’s part of the game… Survival of the fittest, you know? Go for the jugular and don’t let go. Why negotiate with your enemy?

• '22 '19 '18

Only in Risk I have asked for a cease fire with an enemy.  I don’t see the value of it in axis and allies. I go until they say “surrender” not “ceasefire”.

• In Risk I can see the advantage as there as usually shifting alliances… but in A&A: unconditional surrender, no sitzkrieg.

• As the Swedish general Lewenhaupt said already back in the 18th century:

“One must not give the enemy any time.”

Still true today, both in war and in A&A.

• But Britain was being a little bitch.

• @Dylan:

But Britain was being a little b****.

I believe that’s what Goering said during the Battle of Britain, isn’t it?

• @allboxcars:

@Dylan:

But Britain was being a little b****.

I believe that’s what Goerring said during the Battle of Britain, isn’t it?

:?

• Axis and Allies is supposed simulate the aspect of Total War within the frame of the Second World War. For that reason alone, such things as alliances and ceasefires, incorporated into a normal game would not work.

• @Admiral:

Axis and Allies is supposed simulate the aspect of Total War within the frame of the Second World War. For that reason alone, such things as alliances and ceasefires, incorporated into a normal game would not work.

Well……

• @Dylan:

@Admiral:

Axis and Allies is supposed simulate the aspect of Total War within the frame of the Second World War. For that reason alone, such things as alliances and ceasefires, incorporated into a normal game would not work.

Well……

And when I mean alliances in terms of game play, I mean shifting ones, like in RISK. I will admit, when I was younger I fritter and toyed with the idea however.

• As Japan I have held true to an agreed cease fire with russia in the north.
    I see no point in that route, as russia is no real threat to me if i go through china or india.

I sometimes offer a cease fire to the russian player if there is a dedicated russian player.

• @oztea:

As Japan I have held true to an agreed cease fire with russia in the north.
    I see no point in that route, as russia is no real threat to me if i go through china or india.

I sometimes offer a cease fire to the russian player if there is a dedicated russian player.

What if you were versing Stalin himself?

• Then I would have already had signed a non agression pact and would hold true to it.
    Because I have far more pressing concerns in the south pacific.

• @Dylan:

Versing?  You mean like composing an ode as he stood on a balcony in the moonlight?

A little extravagant for a ceasefire I’d think.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@allboxcars:

@Dylan:

Versing?  You mean like composing an ode as he stood on a balcony in the moonlight?

We all know by now that Dylan cannot spell very well. Let’s cut him some slack…

• @LHoffman:

We all know by now that Dylan cannot spell very well. Let’s cut him some slack…

Well it was spelled correctly, sadly I cannot count the number of ppl I’ve heard use the word that way

… and then the image of Stalin as Juliet… the post wrote itself.
    My bad.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m