• Has anyone been able to tell how many tt Spain will be? I am hoping it will be at least 3 or 4, though I have a funny feeling from the distorted pic on the WOTC web page my hope will be forlorn.
    I was thingking, for me anyway, it would be fun to have an alt setup where Spain is still in its civil war. Their conflict having been made part of, a now, much wider European conflict. This was actually part of Republican Spanish stratgey during the war. Republican units would be represented using French units and the Nationalists would be represented using Germans.
    I know this will sound like a waste of a perfectly good game, but I do so love alternate history  :-)

• I think it’s 2

• Will Portugal be there?
    Pro-Allied, I would think. Yes, They gave the Germans Tungsten but only after being forced. And they let us use Azores

• As far as most people have been able to tell, Spain will be one territory, and both Spain and Portugal will be true neutrals.

• It appears as if spain will be the only territory on the map you can access from BOTH the Atlantic and Mediteranian by sea.

At least France’s atlantic coast and mediteranian coast are 2 seperate territories.

Spain being 1 territory also means after its neutrality has been violated, you can blitz from Gibraltar to Dieppe

Also germany can blitz to gibraltar from Brittany/Normandy if spain is no longer neutral.

• Thats too bad, Spain could easily be broken up into 2 or more provinces. A north/south dividing line would make the most sense. I dont like the idea of one tt having access to both the Med and Atlantic like that. Northern province bordering France, a central province touching the Med. but not the Portuguese border, and a southern province surounding Gibraltar and running along the Portugese touching the Atlantic and a small part of the Med., that would be ideal for Spain. Portugal should be its own tt as well.

• @cminke:

spain is going to die today. red white and blue through and through

Ha Ha.  Spain won today 1-0.  Fail. :wink:

• The most boring game in the history of soccer, Jesus that was painful to watch.

• OK straining at the global view map, it looks to me like there’s some Italians sitting smack dab in the centre of Spain.

Somebody please do something about it.

OK, OK just kidding.
    Seriously though looking at that global map view it looks like white map text on both sides of the brown figure but it looks like - from the perspective of that photo - there’s an unusually large distance between the two white texts for that to be the name Spain and an IPC value.

Is it possible that there’s a latitudinal split running thru the centre of Spain, blocked by the brown figure and Spain is indeed two territories?

• God we can only hope so!! I dont want to have to mod the board, From what i’ve seen and read so far it sounds awesome. I just hope they didnt ruin it by doing something silly like making Spain 1 tt

• I wonder if keeping Spain bi-coastal is a deliberate attempt to keep it so accessible from both directions that it’s less attractive to invade…

• @allboxcars:

I wonder if keeping Spain bi-coastal is a deliberate attempt to keep it so accessible from both directions that it’s less attractive to invade…

Do you mean a horizontal or vertical divide line?

• @Clyde85:

@allboxcars:

I wonder if keeping Spain bi-coastal is a deliberate attempt to keep it so accessible from both directions that it’s less attractive to invade…

Do you mean a horizontal or vertical divide line?

Well I meant deliberately accessible if there was no dividing line.

When squinting at the map, I was wondering if the division was horizontal… although it could be slightly diagonal like ENE to WSW.
    Really it just looks to me that there’s a significant gap between the two white text things, one north and one south.

• If you don’t want Spain invaded, the easier way is doing it at least 3 territories with a bunch of forces popping from them and all Spain fighting as a country if any Spanish territory (including african ones) is attacked

As I’m pessimist, I think that we’ll get a 1 territory Spain with as much 4-5 inf popping and with ACME wall. It will be invaded all the games to get Gibraltar

• I think 3 would be ideal, with a central tt repesenting Madrid. I know we wont get that but im hoping for atleast 2, that way moding the central one in will be eaiser

• I could live with 2

• 2 would be great, I would be happy with 2, I’ve just been hearing talk that it might only be 1, which would be awful!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m