• What will the French Infantry look like? Will they be using Japan’s or getting their own, like from the pic we found of the map it looks like Japanese ones painted blue, but I’m not sure

• They will be getting their own

• @calvinhobbesliker:

They will be getting their own

Is there any pictures of them?

• No, there are no pics for them yet unfortunately. :-(

• Im assuming a gun held up across the chest model. Like the US and Japan.
    Id like to see a trenchcoat on the model

Also, the french tank seems to be the Soviet tank. Odd choice.

• @oztea:

Im assuming a gun held up across the chest model. Like the US and Japan.
    Id like to see a trenchcoat on the model

Also, the french tank seems to be the Soviet tank. Odd choice.

A T-34 really, well I guess thats what fmg is for.

• I was hoping for the Japanese tank for the french, but i suppose italy will be using that mold, now that it lost its AA50th mold……Unless Italy will be using the UK mold, which would be even stupider.

• I think it’s stupid that the Soviet battleship and cruiser are dedicated, whereas the French will be using all British/American naval sculpts. France had the 4th biggest navy in the world, and whereas the French Army wasn’t top notch, the Navy was in 1940. The Soviet navy was bottled up for the majority of the war, so why do the Soviets get dedicated ships and the French don’t?

• Add to that the fact that Russia will probably start with 1 sub, destroyer, and transport at most, and will never buy a cruiser, carrier, or battleship

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Add to that the fact that Russia will probably start with 1 sub, destroyer, and transport at most, and will never buy a cruiser, carrier, or battleship

Exactly! It’s not like the Soviet player will be relying on his navy alot, whereas the French player’s primary contribuation to the Allies will probably be its navy (and, of course, what French units remain in Africa).

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Add to that the fact that Russia will probably start with 1 sub, destroyer, and transport at most, and will never buy a cruiser, carrier, or battleship

Exactly! It’s not like the Soviet player will be relying on his navy alot, whereas the French player’s primary contribuation to the Allies will probably be its navy (and, of course, what French units remain in Africa).

Right on, right on! The ships are my favorite pieces, and I’d like to see everyone with their own sculpts. Well, not just navies, but everything. France should have its own and so should Italy.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

When Germany attacks I would use it to sink anything else in the Baltic.

• @Dylan:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Dylan, I’ll play you Spring 1942 with me being axis

• @UN:

I think it’s stupid that the Soviet battleship and cruiser are dedicated, whereas the French will be using all British/American naval sculpts. France had the 4th biggest navy in the world, and whereas the French Army wasn’t top notch, the Navy was in 1940. The Soviet navy was bottled up for the majority of the war, so why do the Soviets get dedicated ships and the French don’t?

Agreed.

But really if you’re going to give France the size of navy it historically had in 1940 then there should be a special Vichy rule as to who controls it once Paris falls.

Otherwise you have the 4th biggest navy swanning around the Med when historically it was on the other side of the surface.

How does WOTC manage that without tipping the balance?

• @allboxcars:

@UN:

I think it’s stupid that the Soviet battleship and cruiser are dedicated, whereas the French will be using all British/American naval sculpts. France had the 4th biggest navy in the world, and whereas the French Army wasn’t top notch, the Navy was in 1940. The Soviet navy was bottled up for the majority of the war, so why do the Soviets get dedicated ships and the French don’t?

Agreed.

But really if you’re going to give France the size of navy it historically had in 1940 then there should be a special Vichy rule as to who controls it once Paris falls.

Otherwise you have the 4th biggest navy swanning around the Med when historically it was on the other side of the surface.

How does WOTC manage that without tipping the balance?

By reducing the French fleet

• Which will stir up plenty of complaints I’m sure.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Dylan, I’ll play you Spring 1942 with me being axis

Sure, when I get home.

• '10

_Don’t care about the size of the french fleet, or canadian soldiers.  :-P

It’s a game not a lesson in history.  :wink:

So you can ask: where are the millions of soviet soldiers on the board?_

I think WOTC will use the italians infantry for french units.

Italian tanks and artillery. Britisch Planes and ships.

• I was hoping for a French infantry sculpt that would look…… ya know…, FRENCH! I had always invisioned a light Infantry unit wearing an adrian helmet with a long trench coat holding his rifle horizontaly across the mid section of its body, like the propaganda poster I’ve seen.

• @Dylan:

What will the French Infantry look like? Will they be using Japan’s or getting their own, like from the pic we found of the map it looks like Japanese ones painted blue, but I’m not sure

It will either be a soldier waving a white flag or one screaming and running for his life.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m