• Boy I would really like to see the money come back into play with the new games.  I have the old original '80’s money I still use.  I cant stand the National Production Markers.  Any body else with me?

• I just sometimes use the Monopoly money.

• '22 '19 '18

Couldn’t agree with you more, I can’t stand just using the national production markers.  I feel like I have to spent it all or else I will lose it.  Thank goodness I have money from the other versions of axis and allies to play with.

• I’m the same way, I hope they bring money back because that was easy and a fun way to track your income.

• I am glad the money is gone and resources used for other game parts.

Too many mistakes with money.

“Opps, did I pay the bank?”

“I forgot the pay the bank.”

“I grabbed the wrong country’s money.”

“I put my cash back on the wrong countries pile of money”

“Whose countries IPC’s are on the floor?”

“I forgot to collect income last time, how much am I suppose to get?”

• I still use the money of one of our older AA games, not sure which one tbh :P

But it depends really, I sometimes find it just as good having count with pen and paper just writing it all.

• I can play with or w/o yet I do prefer it.  I have saved (still sealed) a few packs of money from other games Old Europe/Pacific and Extra AA50 cash that I will use for this game.  Hmmm… sounds like another job for FieldMarshallGames!!! :-)

• I hate using money, way too many mistakes, you have to spend time counting it to see how much you have and have 4 separate piles if your playing solo with the allies. I am glad to see the cheap paper money gone. I use this chart someone posted in the 1942 board, just change the countries names, it works so much better than cash, no lost money, ever. Note *This chart may have been a useful inclusion to the game so that one could simply photocopy more but hey fixing these small problems are what these forums are for.

IPC Record Sheet 1942.pdf

• @BadSpeller:

I am glad the money is gone and resources used for other game parts.

Too many mistakes with money.

“Opps, did I pay the bank?”

“I forgot the pay the bank.”

“I grabbed the wrong country’s money.”

“I put my cash back on the wrong countries pile of money”

“Whose countries IPC’s are on the floor?”

“I forgot to collect income last time, how much am I suppose to get?”

LOL, you must play with some real winners!!! :lol:

• @buicksuper:

Boy I would really like to see the money come back into play with the new games.  I have the old original '80’s money I still use.  I cant stand the National Production Markers.  Any body else with me?

I am with you. WOTC are just being cheap bastards.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

If you guys need more money for some reason, you can check out the IPC thread started by CalvinHobbesLiker for some templates to print off. Some of you may have alreaady found this though.

• @Brain:

@buicksuper:

Boy I would really like to see the money come back into play with the new games.  I have the old original '80’s money I still use.  I cant stand the National Production Markers.  Any body else with me?

I am with you. WOTC are just being cheap bastards.

YEAH!! Next thing you know they’ll stop making those cool industrial complexes and AA guns!
    :x

• Soon it will be like the original NOVA games version.

I would be willing to pay more for a quality game, with real pieces instead of cardboard squares and with paper IPCs instead of none… I guess they just don’t want to increase the price any more because most people wouldn’t want to pay more.

• @LHoffman:

I would be willing to pay more for a quality game, with real pieces instead of cardboard squares and with paper IPCs instead of none… I guess they just don’t want to increase the price any more because most people wouldn’t want to pay more.

For the bases and factories, which don’t move, the cardboard squares are actually god for the following reasons:
    1. They take up less space than plastic versions
    2. They have a texture such that it doesn’t get displaced easily, like other pieces
    The only AA guns which I’ve seen moved are the ones in India and Manchuria, and I’ve only seen new ones bought to replace the one in India.

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

For the bases and factories, which don’t move, the cardboard squares are actually god for the following reasons:
    1. They take up less space than plastic versions
    2. They have a texture such that it doesn’t get displaced easily, like other pieces
    The only AA guns which I’ve seen moved are the ones in India and Manchuria, and I’ve only seen new ones bought to replace the one in India.

I don’t think the carboard pieces are bad per se… I just think plastic molds may have been cooler; more in style with Axis and Allies for sure. I don’t know about them moving aroung the board less, because they seem to slide almost nearly as much, if not more. I get annoyed when they get spun around and turned upside down and stuff too. Something which doesn’t happen to a 3D mold.

When you were talking about moved, I assume you meant moved by a power in the game to a different territory. I would agree that none of the AA guns (from Pacific 40) have been moved when we have played. There has been little utility in doing so. However when it comes to a global game, they get moved into different territories a lot more.

• What I meant was that since they are short, it’s hard to move them accidentally when reaching for another piece.

Yeah, I think they should’ve kept AA guns as plastic

@calvinhobbesliker:

What I meant was that since they are short, it’s hard to move them accidentally when reaching for another piece.

Yeah, I think they should’ve kept AA guns as plastic

Oh, well yes, I agree then. I have found it to be more of a problem that other pieces will displace IC, NB, AB and AA guns more easily now, by pushing against them or whatever.

• @cressman8064:

I hate using money, way too many mistakes, you have to spend time counting it to see how much you have and have 4 separate piles if your playing solo with the allies. I am glad to see the cheap paper money gone. I use this chart someone posted in the 1942 board, just change the countries names, it works so much better than cash, no lost money, ever. Note *This chart may have been a useful inclusion to the game so that one could simply photocopy more but hey fixing these small problems are what these forums are for.

I also made one for Pacific 1940, and I’ll likely post one for Europe 1940 and Global 1940 when it comes out. Here’s Pacific 1940 and 50th (1941 and 1942). Enjoy.

IPC Record Sheet Pacific 1940.pdf
    IPC Record Sheet 1941 ver1.pdf
    IPC Record Sheet 1942 ver3.pdf

• We play with real US currency.  When I play A&A I play hardcore.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m