• to ponder til the 24th of August
    Global.JPG

• '10

That’s it.

Thank you very much. :lol:

• See?  India doesn’t have two humps…  mutters

But this image definitely makes it looks like the US sides won’t line up, so you can only match the board up at the Asia cut. :|

• looks good to me. cant wait!

• @SAS:

See?  India doesn’t have two humps…  mutters

But this image definitely makes it looks like the US sides won’t line up, so you can only match the board up at the Asia cut. :|

1. They probably changes the map since then
    2. They don’t need to line up the americas, since only an idiot would split it through Japan, India, or Germnay/Italy

• @calvinhobbesliker:

1. They probably changes the map since then
    2. They don’t need to line up the americas, since only an idiot would split it through Japan, India, or Germnay/Italy

1.  Yeah, that’s still a possibility
    2.  I agree that for the purposes of the game it doesn’t matter if that side lines up, but that was another concern some people were expressing in addition to the India issue…  It’s not necessary, but it would still be nice if it did.

• Is it just me but isn’t the Sahara like a ghostly image with the territory borders peeking through?

Don’t recall that from other impassable terrain.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

They need line up America fors 2 reasons: first is aesthetics; second, and more important, is that you can travel from WUSA to CUSA or from WCan to central Canada or from West Mexico to East Mexico or from a sz to other sz. You need line up America for that

• @Funcioneta:

@calvinhobbesliker:

They need line up America fors 2 reasons: first is aesthetics; second, and more important, is that you can travel from WUSA to CUSA or from WCan to central Canada or from West Mexico to East Mexico or from a sz to other sz. You need line up America for that

I agree.  The Americas should line up for aesthetic reasons.  But also because playing with the Americas lined up has probably occurred to all of us, and if we played enough games, I think we’d all try it eventually.

• @Funcioneta:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Aesthetics dictates that they spell things correctly and draw sea zones correctly as well. Thus, don’t be surprised if they don’t line up. 
    You don’t need to line them up to see which ones connect. Use common sense: Yukon will border a northern canadian tt; BC a southern one, WUS CUS, Mexico-Yucatan, and the sea zones are just as simple.

Maybe they should line up so IL can put all 6 of his maps together and play a sextuple world variation(like the double world variation of risk).

• Ok the good aa50 that all of us knows. America doesn’t line up in it and no one complains.

• @fanofbond:

Ok the good aa50 that all of us knows. America doesn’t line up in it and no one complains.

Because thats only one board.  Some of us want America to line up so we could play with America as the center of the board.  Yes, we could still do it even if they don’t line up, but we want them to for aesthetic reasons.

• @brettstarr4:

@fanofbond:

Ok the good aa50 that all of us knows. America doesn’t line up in it and no one complains.

Because thats only one board.  Some of us want America to line up so we could play with America as the center of the board.  Yes, we could still do it even if they don’t line up, but we want them to for aesthetic reasons.

How Ameri-centric of you.  :roll:  It’s hard enough to deal with movement from one side of the board even when it’s the US and there’s NEVER major action there unless the allies are going to lose.  Now imagine a split where there is constant action.  Putting the US in the center would be just about the worst possible way to set up the game.

Besides, you can CLEARLY see distortion caused by the camera lens fisheye on the Pacific side, and even being clever with the photoshop tweak/stretch/perspective transform tool, this composite is OBVIOUSLY still wrong.  So calm the bloody heck down, they more than likely line up just as well as any previous version, where the central US border uses the Great Lakes to fudge any actual perfect alignment anyway.

• you know….thats a pretty cool idea…huh someone should put a pic of that up

• OK, here’s US in the middle, based on these poor maps it doesn’t look good.

Global3.JPG

• @GrayBlaZe:

OK, here’s US in the middle, based on these poor maps it doesn’t look good.

That looks pretty cool.  Thanks.  I’m sure we’ll all give it a try eventually.

• @GrayBlaZe:

OK, here’s US in the middle, based on these poor maps it doesn’t look good.

sorry but don’t you have the Baja peninsula twice?

• Canada is simplified, sure, but that’s still way more provinces than ever before.

• @Tralis:

Canada is simplified, sure, but that’s still way more provinces than ever before.

Yeah, it has 5-7, as opposed to 2.

BTW, I read your article; It was good, although not very useful since most P40 games start with J1 attcks.

• They won’t line up, Australia is way to south for these boards to be able to line up correctly. If they lined up it would look like Aus. is just off the coast of S. America, which in reality it is not even close. But that is okay, if someone really wants to line them up that way, then I pity them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m