Air and Naval Bases in Europe/Global 40

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

What territories do you guys think will have Air or Naval Bases in Europe and/or Global 40? (Obvious places like capitals aside…)

This started after a discussion in “German Strategy in Global 40” thread about whether or not Gibraltar would have an Air or Naval Base.

I don’t know if this has already been discussed in the Pacific 40 subforum… but does anyone think it is particularly worthwhile to bomb air or naval bases? Overall, in your playing Pacific 40, have you seen it utilized much? And how effective is it?

• Most likely:

Air Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    France (Atlantic side)
    Germany (West Germany)
    Iceland
    Malta
    Italy (Rome)
    Egypt
    South Africa
    Norway

Naval Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    Gibraltar
    Germany (Baltic)
    Italy (Rome)
    South Africa
    West India
    Archangel (Russia)
    British Guyana (South America)

Just a guess

As far as bombing Air/Naval Bases… nope.  Haven’t seen it once.  Hell, I haven’t even bombed ICs in AAP40

I would think, as far as setup for Global would go, India would not have two Naval-Air Bases (and 2 Ind. Complexes) right next to each other… correct? … In East and West India… that would seem kind of dumb. But I don’t suppose anyone knows how Global setup may differ from just putting Europe and Pacific together? I wonder if they intend to change any of the initial placements, rather than just slap each game together as they stand.

• Good point about India… I was just thinking about the Europe game.  Maybe there will be slightly different setups?

• @BJCard:

Most likely:

Air Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    France (Atlantic side)
    Germany (West Germany)
    Iceland
    Malta
    Italy (Rome)
    Egypt
    South Africa
    Norway

Naval Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    Gibraltar
    Germany (Baltic)
    Italy (Rome)
    South Africa
    West India
    Archangel (Russia)

Just a guess

As far as bombing Air/Naval Bases… nope.  Haven’t seen it once.  Hell, I haven’t even bombed ICs in AAP40

I think Egypt would have a naval base. Eastern Canada and Iceland will probably have both

• if they are gonna change the western U.S. icp when they go to war. form 50 to 30 in the global game. also they need to put U.S.S.R. troops in Pacific theater defending against Japan then later on they took these troops to defend western U.S.S.R.
    they also said in the Europe game they have a another rule book.

@Talkzic:

they also said in the Europe game they have a another rule book.

Another rule book, yes… And it is conceivable that they would put new starting setups in the book itself because they have been looking to save money by shirking the extra cardboard… however, to my knowledge, they have never before put starting setups in the rulebook. So I don’t know about that. It just seems like they’d have to change a few things in terms of setup though.

• I’m thinking Sicily might also have an AB, and have the ability to scramble. If not maybe Sardinia. I can’t see them giving UK AB (Malta) and not Italy.

As far as the rule book set up:
    I don’t think there will be complete set-up info for global, I think it will be more in a form of an amendment/errata in the global booklet for the changes to the set-up from the two games you will own. Hopefully it will also include the Pac set-up changes (Pac errata) that came out shortly after the game was released. You know the AB,NB on Phil, NZ loosing its IC, and the down sizing of the Aus IC. This should be included for the people that bought Pac, but don’t frequent the AA sites and have no idea of these important changes.  Actually there should be a reference in the new game box telling people who bought Pac to check out the Pac faq/errata, and where to find it. Maybe just a simple leaflet pointing it out.

• I’M quite sure there will be Air bases in USSR. In Ukraine, the territory in which Stalingrad will be placed (Volga?), probably Karelia/Leningrad. And Naval bases in Archangelsk, Karelia and Ukraine (looks like Crimea is in Ukraine on the map).

I don’t think there will be any Air base in France, besides the one in Paris of course. Most certainly a naval base in Britanny. And another one in Senegal/Dakar, on the Atlantic face of Africa.

• also in the pic there is tech do you guys think there will be in Europe or just global

@Talkzic:

also in the pic there is tech do you guys think there will be in Europe or just global

I am pretty sure it was confirmed: no tech in Europe. Anybody want to amen that?

Since there was none in Pacific, I doubt there will be any in Europe. In fact, I’d prefer they didn’t. I am also quite certain it is ON for Global though… and if it isn’t, well, I will use it anyway.

• @LHoffman:

@Talkzic:

also in the pic there is tech do you guys think there will be in Europe or just global

I am pretty sure it was confirmed: no tech in Europe. Anybody want to amen that?

Since there was none in Pacific, I doubt there will be any in Europe. In fact, I’d prefer they didn’t. I am also quite certain it is ON for Global though… and if it isn’t, well, I will use it anyway.

I think tech is optional in global

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@Talkzic:

Well, yeah,  isn’t tech usually optional?

I guess I have always thought it to be more fun to play with tech than without it… so I just always end up using it.

• @LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@Talkzic:

Well, yeah,  isn’t tech usually optional?

I guess I have always thought it to be more fun to play with tech than without it… so I just always end up using it.

Well, Larry never plays with it. I guess it depends on your style. Some people think G40 will be better than AA50; some think AA50 is better since it is simpler but still awesome.

• @BJCard:

Most likely:

Air Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    France (Atlantic side)
    Germany (West Germany)
    Iceland
    Malta
    Italy (Rome)
    Egypt
    South Africa
    Norway

Naval Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    Gibraltar
    Germany (Baltic)
    Italy (Rome)
    South Africa
    West India
    Archangel (Russia)

Just a guess

Don’t you think Berlin Germany should have an airbase, like bombing raids on London.

• @Dylan:

@BJCard:

Most likely:

Air Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    France (Atlantic side)
    Germany (West Germany)
    Iceland
    Malta
    Italy (Rome)
    Egypt
    South Africa
    Norway

Naval Bases:
    East USA
    UK
    Gibraltar
    Germany (Baltic)
    Italy (Rome)
    South Africa
    West India
    Archangel (Russia)

Just a guess

Don’t you think Berlin Germany should have an airbase, like bombing raids on London.

West Germany would be better for that purpose.

• more to the point what will tech be?

• @Talkzic:

more to the point what will tech be?

Same as anniversary

• even that horrible “advanced artillery” tech?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

even that horrible “advanced artillery” tech?

What’s wrong with it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m