German strategy for the world game

• Okay so this is my strategy for the world game as Germany (it might not be that good because I lost Germany in B2 last time)

Anyways get France, as quick as I can before having to go to war with Russia, but from the start of the game I would start building a navy if Italy is focused on the US navy, and couldnt make it up to the Royal Navy, anyways knocking out the Royal Navy will be a key step the infamous "Operation Sea Lion," Then when Russia (and its allies) got to war with you hire your Italian bitch to hold them off for a bit while you focus on stuff with the west. Once your bitch cant hold them off you got fight them, and put now more then half your IPCS towards the Russians and hope that your navy is already almost good enough. Start pushing the Russians back because your bitch most likely lost you too much. If there are allies for you on the way claim them. Next if the US navy is still alive in the Atlantic get your bitch to sink them, demand they get powerful, now you got to get rid of the Royal Navy, and you also should be doing strategic bombing raids on London. Now being bombed and their navy not doing so well, they are crippled. Sadly your bitch cant put too much resources towards other stuff being destroyed by the rich Americans. Now you need to look at the bored and see whats happening in Africa and the Middle East, if your bitch was doing good leave the British sea zone to help your bitch you will now build transports and units to prepare for Operation Sea Lion, now hire your bitch to help against Russia for a bit. Now Operation Sea Lion should happen after about 3 turns of your bitch being murdered in the Eastern Front. Now if the US navy is still around, do not worry, you need to get rid of Russia. Fight your way through Moscow you have defeated France and UK, once you take Moscow, make sure your bud Japan does not take Russian land (if you can,) so you can get that bonus. Now you need do Canadian landings and trade provinces with the US. Also Italy should break out of Africa and the Middle East (hoping everything is okay.) Now make your bud go to Alaska who will also fight in Canada, then Central US East US and West US are only left. Everyone will go to the Central and get ready to take down the East and West.

What do you have…

• Germany building a navy? That’s why I was able to take Germany on the 2nd turn: you built few land units and the many you did have, you moved all to eastern Europe. A German Navy is not the ideal strategy; it just gets wiped out from the air with the help of carriers if it ventures out of the Baltic. You think the Italian navy can destroy the US Navy? Italy will probably be at 20-30 ipc, whle the US is at 50-60.

• Since the axis need 14 out of 19 VC’s to win, and assuming they don’t take San Francisco, Ottawa, Washington, or London, they still need to capture all of the following except one: Moscow, Sydney, Honolulu, Calcutta(won’t be as easy to capture in global). Thus, Japan needs to focus on the Pacific NOT on Russia, If Japan can capture all 3, Moscow doesn’t even need to be taken! Therefore, an ignore Japan strat won’t work; even if the Allies recapture Cairo from Germany, Japan can retake it, and in the meantime, Japan will have 80-90 ipcs, and its home sea zone is withing reach of alaska and british colombia, and it will definetly make an invasion there if it’s empty.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Germany building a navy? That’s why I was able to take Germany on the 2nd turn: you built few land units and the many you did have, you moved all to eastern Europe. A German Navy is not the ideal strategy; it just gets wiped out from the air with the help of carriers if it ventures out of the Baltic. You think the Italian navy can destroy the US Navy? Italy will probably be at 20-30 ipc, whle the US is at 50-60.

I needed to make better use of my air force, and risk it against the Royal Navy, but was too late.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Germany building a navy? That’s why I was able to take Germany on the 2nd turn: you built few land units and the many you did have, you moved all to eastern Europe. A German Navy is not the ideal strategy; it just gets wiped out from the air with the help of carriers if it ventures out of the Baltic. You think the Italian navy can destroy the US Navy? Italy will probably be at 20-30 ipc, whle the US is at 50-60.

I needed to make better use of my air force, and risk it against the Royal Navy, but was too late.

Well, one thing that might have helped would have been if you put your fighters on the carrier you built. If you don’t put planes on a carrier, it’s worse than a destroyer! Only on turn 1 would that be viable: 1 sub, 1 ftr, 1 bmr vs 1 sub, 1 battleship is a standard attack. On the second turn, you had 2 subs and 3 fighters and a bomber against my 2 destroyers, battleship, carrier, and 2 fighters. I still would’ve won that.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I should of bought the Carrier after I had a good navy

Well, one thing that might have helped would have been if you put your fighters on the carrier you built. If you don’t put planes on a carrier, it’s worse than a destroyer! Only on turn 1 would that be viable: 1 sub, 1 ftr, 1 bmr vs 1 sub, 1 battleship is a standard attack. On the second turn, you had 2 subs and 3 fighters and a bomber against my 2 destroyers, battleship, carrier, and 2 fighters. I still would’ve won that.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Now you’re the one who puts your response in the quote box :roll:

No, you should not bother with a navy(or at least just stop at the carrier) and focus on Russia. The UK is not going to be successfully invaded if a good player is playing it

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Now you’re the one who puts your response in the quote box :roll:

No, you should not bother with a navy(or at least just stop at the carrier) and focus on Russia. The UK is not going to be successfully invaded if a good player is playing it

Grr and why can`t London fall? It is quite possible

• No, it’s not. Especially if they build 10 inf a turn. For every 2 inf they build, you have to build an in, art, and trans, so you quickly run out of money

• @calvinhobbesliker:

No, it’s not. Especially if they build 10 inf a turn. For every 2 inf they build, you have to build an in, art, and trans, so you quickly run out of money

I doubt UK can afford pay 10 infs each round. Remember than now they cannot use the money from Pacific side or the money from Free France (that is going to be wasted because of the silly capture capital rule), so I doubt that UK is going to colect 30 each round, and even if it’s so, they will need feed the SAF IC or Germany and Italy are going to eat african income pretty soon

It’s pretty possible that a german navy is going to be a valid option as it was in AA50. The question is if it’s going to be too good and unbalance Global40 in the same way that AA50 was. Other point is that, given current rules (capital sacking and more), Sea Lion should not be a valid strat unless that UK gets careless, or the games are going to be too quick

• @Funcioneta:

@calvinhobbesliker:

No, it’s not. Especially if they build 10 inf a turn. For every 2 inf they build, you have to build an in, art, and trans, so you quickly run out of money

I doubt UK can afford pay 10 infs each round. Remember than now they cannot use the money from Pacific side or the money from Free France (that is going to be wasted because of the silly capture capital rule), so I doubt that UK is going to colect 30 each round, and even if it’s so, they will need feed the SAF IC or Germany and Italy are going to eat african income pretty soon

The UK will be about 8, Africa will easily be over 12, giving them 20. West India is 2, and Canada is 6-7. That’s enough for 9 inf

It’s pretty possible that a german navy is going to be a valid option as it was in AA50. The question is if it’s going to be too good and unbalance Global40 in the same way that AA50 was. Other point is that, given current rules (capital sacking and more), Sea Lion should not be a valid strat unless that UK gets careless, or the games are going to be too quick

• Best strategy I have found with Germany in AA50 is to buy a submarine and a fighter for the Battle of the Atlantic each turn. Keep the submarines in different sea zones and it causes Britain to buy destroyers, and when Britain puts its navy in range of your air force you destroy it without any chance of counterattack. Also the air force can take care of any American fleet that comes over, and with the rest of your money you fight the USSR. Now in the new game with the convoy rules I feel this strategy will work even better, submarines will drain Britain of resources and keep their navy spread out and busy.

• @Funcioneta:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think the UK will have around 30 ipc to start (or more) in E40 + its NO, it has 24 ipc on that side of the board in AA50. Have you seen how many tt there are in the Middle East (pro neutral), and Africa that UK can get its hands on from the sneak peek we got the other day. In Africa you just have the French vacate their tt (head towards Egypt or S Africa IC to reinforce), then let the greedy Italians take the French tt temporarily. Then recapture them w/UK or US, giving more $ to the allies. I also think the capital rules could be reworked, but this is what we got, so you just have to make them work for you.

• @Znieh:

Best strategy I have found with Germany in AA50 is to buy a submarine and a fighter for the Battle of the Atlantic each turn. Keep the submarines in different sea zones and it causes Britain to buy destroyers, and when Britain puts its navy in range of your air force you destroy it without any chance of counterattack. Also the air force can take care of any American fleet that comes over, and with the rest of your money you fight the USSR. Now in the new game with the convoy rules I feel this strategy will work even better, submarines will drain Britain of resources and keep their navy spread out and busy.

Yea I’ve found air & subs work best for Germany (in AA50). You build subs and eventually UK comes into range. Subs are cheap enough, and German air power is key (multi-task). Your 100% right about subs pulling double duty now that they can raid convoy’s too. The German player just got a new toy (awesome). In 40E (or global) the German starting navy might be worth investing in though w/Baltic out of UK air range and the Danish Straight. Better hold on to Norway :-D  As usual though Germans building navy will cost them in the land battle.

• @WILD:

I think the UK will have around 30 ipc to start (or more) in E40 + its NO, it has 24 ipc on that side of the board in AA50. Have you seen how many tt there are in the Middle East (pro neutral), and Africa that UK can get its hands on from the sneak peek we got the other day. In Africa you just have the French vacate their tt (head towards Egypt or S Africa IC to reinforce), then let the greedy Italians take the French tt temporarily. Then recapture them w/UK or US, giving more $ to the allies

We have yet to know how Middle East neutrals work … and it’s pretty possible than or USSR takes some of them or that UK will need 2-3 turns to take all of them if Italy doesn’t take them first

As for Free France territories, I guess that best strat for Italy is ignoring them (with the probable exception of Morocco and maybe Syria if they are involved in NOs) and taking UK territories, aiming for SAF IC (we have some precedents of guys ignoring or semi-ignoring certain minor power because of some certain rule)

• @Funcioneta:

@WILD:

I think the UK will have around 30 ipc to start (or more) in E40 + its NO, it has 24 ipc on that side of the board in AA50. Have you seen how many tt there are in the Middle East (pro neutral), and Africa that UK can get its hands on from the sneak peek we got the other day. In Africa you just have the French vacate their tt (head towards Egypt or S Africa IC to reinforce), then let the greedy Italians take the French tt temporarily. Then recapture them w/UK or US, giving more $ to the allies

We have yet to know how Middle East neutrals work … and it’s pretty possible than or USSR takes some of them or that UK will need 2-3 turns to take all of them if Italy doesn’t take them first

As for Free France territories, I guess that best strat for Italy is ignoring them (with the probable exception of Morocco and maybe Syria if they are involved in NOs) and taking UK territories, aiming for SAF IC (we have some precedents of guys ignoring or semi-ignoring certain minor power because of some certain rule)

If it’s pro-ally, you walk in during NCM and it’s yours(and you get those inf). The UK troops in West India can easily secure the pro-ally Iran. I’m not sure if Russia can capture neutrals before it’s at war, though.

• @WILD:

In 40E (or global) the German starting navy might be worth investing in though w/Baltic out of UK air range and the Danish Straight. Better hold on to Norway :-D  As usual though Germans building navy will cost them in the land battle.

I was thinking a German navy in the Baltic could be helpful in the fight against the Soviet Union; the Soviet Union is huge and being able to bring troops over to Leningrad and other Baltic states could be huge.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Funcioneta:

@WILD:

If it’s pro-ally, you walk in during NCM and it’s yours(and you get those inf). The UK troops in West India can easily secure the pro-ally Iran. I’m not sure if Russia can capture neutrals before it’s at war, though.

i don’t think iran, iraq and such were pro-allies, probably neutral, perhaps even pro-axis (as they were anti-british in real)

• @Frontovik:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Funcioneta:

@WILD:

i don’t think iran, iraq and such were pro-allies, probably neutral, perhaps even pro-axis (as they were anti-british in real)

Iran is pro-ally; Iraq is pro-axis

• @Znieh:

@WILD:

In 40E (or global) the German starting navy might be worth investing in though w/Baltic out of UK air range and the Danish Straight. Better hold on to Norway :-D  As usual though Germans building navy will cost them in the land battle.

I was thinking a German navy in the Baltic could be helpful in the fight against the Soviet Union; the Soviet Union is huge and being able to bring troops over to Leningrad and other Baltic states could be huge.

Yea thats what I’m counting on too. It will be nice to be able to use the Baltic past the 2nd turn. In AA50 if Germany didn’t spend a ton of $ on navy, it was gone. Now I hope just a few pieces will keep it in tact, along w/strategic tt like Norway, and other Baltic coastal tt.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m