• I have been playing axis and allies  for about a year though i dont consider that long compared to these 16 year veteran extremists in the game lol. i assume with every one around their 4-5 game they start thinking about ways to better the game and add on to it thus making it more stratigic and more fun. i play this game more than twice a week in the same game and i play it continuosly with my grandfather. any way i am happy to have found this site and to have found out that these enhancements are what i guess you call house rules.

• :roll: ok sorry i didnt finish but any way all i am asking is for some new house rules ideas for the game please post anything you want about house rules and if it is aout another version of AA other than Spring 1942 please stat the version of axis and allies before you start writing thank you. :mrgreen: :-D

• okay Turkey, we know what lol means were not stupid, sucked up addicted never quit, losing common sense just because we play the game, any ways I think you could add the tech from the Revised Addition.

1 Jet Fighters
    Your fighters are now jet
    fighters. Their defense
    increases to 5.
    2 Rockets
    Your antiaircraft guns are
    now rocket launchers. In
    addition to their normal
    combat function, they can
    reduce enemy industrial
    production.
    3 Super Submarines
    Your submarines are now
    super submarines. Their
    attack increases to 3.
    4 Long-Range Aircraft
    Your fighters are now
    long-range fighters, and
    your bombers are now
    long-range bombers. Your
    fighters’ range increases
    to 6. Your bombers’ range
    increases to 8.
    5 Combined Bombardment
    Like battleships, your
    destroyers now can
    conduct bombardment
    during an amphibious
    assault. (Their attack is 3.)
    6 Heavy Bombers
    Your bombers are now
    heavy bombers. They roll
    two dice each in an attack
    or strategic bombing raid
    but still only a
    single die on defense.

at the start of the turn you can buy each dice for 5 IPCS, so you go after a tech, so for example if you want two say you want Heavy Bombers and Long Range Aircraft. You could buy 5 dice any maybe put 2 towards LRA and 3 Towards HB, so if you roll a 6 you get that tech.

• For A&A spring 1942 … you will need to use the Tech Developments from A&A 50.  both games had the new transport rules, as well as other adjustments.  so the Tech developments were designed with those in mind.

for example…
    @Dylan:

5 Combined Bombardment
    Like battleships, your
    destroyers now can
    conduct bombardment
    during an amphibious

doesnt work well because the Battleships and Cruisers already have bombardment… why pay for a destoyer to do this.  and a destroyer attacks with a 2 not 3 in this version

Here is a list i came up with based on the A&A 50, various discussions and playtests…

Weapon Developments
    Chart 1
    1- Adv. Artillery Each Art. Improve 2 Inf.

2-  Radar
    Radar - AA defend (2) & Hit Rocket Att (1) 

3- Paratrooopers
    1 Inf. Per Bomber. Must Leave From Same 
           Territ.  Bomber Must Stop In 1st Hostile 
           Territory in Flight Path.  Bomber can Still 
           Att. (Para. Unit Cannot Retreat)

4- Inc. Factory Production
    IC’s in Territories worth 4 or more IPC’s
           Mobilize +2 Units above Territ Value, And In
           Territories of 3 or Less Mobilize +1 Unit
    & 1/2 Cost to remove Damage markers
    (Rounded Up)

5- War Bonds
    Roll 1d6 (+2) Recieve that many IPC’s At  Collect income Phase

6- Mechanized Infantry
    Inf. Matched 1/1 with Tank Move 2 Spaces

Chart 2
    1- Jet Fighters
           Att. = 4

2- Rockets
    All AA Gun May Make 1 Rocket Attack On 
           1 IC (within 3 Spaces) doing 1D6 Damage. 
          Each Industrial Complex Can Be Hit Only 
          Once Per Turn From Rockets. Max Damage 
          = Territory Value Of IPC’s Per Complex

3- Super Submarine
    Submarines Attack Increased To 3

4- Long-Range Aircraft
    Fighter Range Increases to 6.   Bomber Range Increases To 8

5- Improved Shipyards
    Cost Of Sea Units Reduced…  BB=18, CV=12, CC=10, DD=7, TR=6, SS=5

6- Heavy Bombers
    Roll 2 Dice For Att.  & for IC Bombing: Roll 1 Di & add 2

Research & Development Sequence:
    1. Buy researcher tokens
    2. Roll research dice
    3. Roll breakthrough die
    4. Mark development

Step 1: Buy Researcher Tokens
    Each researcher token costs 5 IPC’s.

Step 2: Roll Research Dice
    For each researcher you have, roll one die.

-Success: If you roll at least one “6”, you have successfully made a technological breakthrough.  Discard all your researcher tokens and continue to step 3.

-Failure: If you do not roll a “6”, your research has failed.  Keep your researcher token and continue to the Purchase Units phase of the turn. On each subsequent turn the success becomes easier and is reduced by one each turn: 6, 5,4,3,2, and eventually it is automatic.

Step 3: Roll Breakthrough Die
    If you succeed on any research die, you choose any technology within the 1st tier. Additional technology research applied to the same tech category can go to a higher technology as long as you got at least one tech. For example: If you want a technology that is 3rd tier in land technology, you must have at least one 1st tier and one 2nd tier tech in that same category.

Step 4: Mark Development
    If your research was successful, place one of your national control markers inside the appropriate advancement box on the research & development chart.  Your development becomes effective immediately. Any number of powers may develop the same technology, but powers cannot share their technology.

• @Keredrex:

For A&A spring 1942 … you will need to use the Tech Developments from A&A 50.  both games had the new transport rules, as well as other adjustments.  so the Tech developments were designed with those in mind.

for example…
    @Dylan:

5 Combined Bombardment
    Like battleships, your
    destroyers now can
    conduct bombardment
    during an amphibious

doesnt work well because the Battleships and Cruisers already have bombardment… why pay for a destoyer to do this.  and a destroyer attacks with a 2 not 3 in this version

Here is a list i came up with based on the A&A 50, various discussions and playtests…

Weapon Developments
    Chart 1
    1- Adv. Artillery Each Art. Improve 2 Inf.

2-  Radar
    Radar - AA defend (2) & Hit Rocket Att (1) 

3- Paratrooopers
    1 Inf. Per Bomber. Must Leave From Same 
           Territ.  Bomber Must Stop In 1st Hostile 
           Territory in Flight Path.  Bomber can Still 
           Att. (Para. Unit Cannot Retreat)

4- Inc. Factory Production
    IC’s in Territories worth 4 or more IPC’s
           Mobilize +2 Units above Territ Value, And In
           Territories of 3 or Less Mobilize +1 Unit
    & 1/2 Cost to remove Damage markers
    (Rounded Up)

5- War Bonds
    Roll 1d6 (+2) Recieve that many IPC’s At  Collect income Phase

6- Mechanized Infantry
    Inf. Matched 1/1 with Tank Move 2 Spaces

Chart 2
    1- Jet Fighters
           Att. = 4

2- Rockets
    All AA Gun May Make 1 Rocket Attack On 
           1 IC (within 3 Spaces) doing 1D6 Damage. 
          Each Industrial Complex Can Be Hit Only 
          Once Per Turn From Rockets. Max Damage 
          = Territory Value Of IPC’s Per Complex

3- Super Submarine
    Submarines Attack Increased To 3

4- Long-Range Aircraft
    Fighter Range Increases to 6.   Bomber Range Increases To 8

5- Improved Shipyards
    Cost Of Sea Units Reduced…  BB=18, CV=12, CC=10, DD=7, TR=6, SS=5

6- Heavy Bombers
    Roll 2 Dice For Att.  & for IC Bombing: Roll 1 Di & add 2

1. Buy researcher tokens
    2. Roll research dice
    3. Roll breakthrough die
    4. Mark development

Each researcher token costs 5 IPC’s.

-Success: If you roll at least one “6”, you have successfully made a technological breakthrough.  Discard all your researcher tokens and continue to step 3.

-Failure: If you do not roll a “6”, your research has failed.  Keep your researcher token and continue to the Purchase Units phase of the turn. On each subsequent turn the success becomes easier and is reduced by one each turn: 6, 5,4,3,2, and eventually it is automatic.

Step 3: Roll Breakthrough Die
    If you succeed on any research die, you choose any technology within the 1st tier. Additional technology research applied to the same tech category can go to a higher technology as long as you got at least one tech. For example: If you want a technology that is 3rd tier in land technology, you must have at least one 1st tier and one 2nd tier tech in that same category.

Step 4: Mark Development
    If your research was successful, place one of your national control markers inside the appropriate advancement box on the research & development chart.  Your development becomes effective immediately. Any number of powers may develop the same technology, but powers cannot share their technology.

Tiers? I think you’re thinking of IL’s House Rules tech and not the AE tech

• Naw these are not mine. Advanced Artillery is a crock and these look pretty much stock.

• @Imperious:

Naw these are not mine. Advanced Artillery is a crock and these look pretty much stock.

I didn’t mean the whole thing; just the part where he talked about tiers

• @Imperious:

Naw these are not mine. Advanced Artillery is a crock and these look pretty much stock.

Just interested in your opinion … Why do you think Adv. Artillery is a “crock”?  
    We have played a few games with it and it worked well for the 1942 board.

ALSO…
    We actually play with tech this way with the tech chart above

Chose 1 Weapon Tech. (each country can get 2 techs, one at a time, from both charts )
    1. Buy researcher tokens
    2. Roll research dice

Each researcher token costs 5 IPC’s.  (For researcher token use a Flag marker)

-Success: If you roll at least one “6”, you have successfully made a technological breakthrough.  Discard all your researcher tokens.
    (You may Attempt to gain another Tech on next or later Turn)

-Failure: If you do not roll a “6”, your research has failed.  Keep your researcher token and continue to the Purchase Units phase of the turn.

• i’ve been reading through the ideas, i like the navel port idea but now im trying to find a symbol or something to mark the location of the port on the map. any one have any design that i could use?

• @turkey:

i’ve been reading through the ideas, i like the navel port idea but now im trying to find a symbol or something to mark the location of the port on the map. any one have any design that i could use?

You could use Naval bases from pacific 1940

• i dont have 1940 that the prob. although i am makeing a few of my own…

• @turkey:

i dont have 1940 that the prob. although i am makeing a few of my own…

You could use these and paint an anchor on the top.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18136.0

• You could make tanks cost 6.

You could also do the old type of Strategic Bombings, instead of rolling against the factory, your rolling against the IPCS. Say Britain had 26 IPCs, you bomb then and roll a 5, Britain now has 21 IPC`S

• @Dylan:

You could make tanks cost 6.

You could also do the old type of Strategic Bombings, instead of rolling against the factory, your rolling against the IPCS. Say Britain had 26 IPCs, you bomb then and roll a 5, Britain now has 21 IPC`S

we actually made a change to bombing and it works well….

… the rules state that a complex can be damaged for 2x the value of the territory… example. caucasus can have 8 damage markers.  but further bombing is pointless if they dont repair.

Our change… complexes can recieve damage equal to the IPC value.  but, further bombing affects IPC’s (like the old Bombing Rules).  example.  3 bombers hit caucasus… Di rolls = 3, 5, 6  … Damage = 3 + 1 then (3 + 4 IPC’s) because its territory IPC value per bomber you cant go higher than 4 on each di roll

• thats sound good any more?

• Just interested in your opinion … Why do you think Adv. Artillery is a “crock”?

Because it never existed as a technology that could even effect infantry in that manner. Artillery do aid infantry, but not DOUBLE THEIR OFFENSIVE EFFECTIVENESS.  If anything planes should aid tanks or men and tanks get the bonus.

Now we get this advanced “thing”: News flash: “…Our fearless leader has introduced this new kind of artillery that makes an army fight three times more effectively and will now turn the tide of the war”. Gee wiz but i never read one book of this development. I wonder if that invention came after Hitler flew to mars to form his new colony of 8 foot SS waffen soldiers? Sorry but i am not buying these technology rules. They are very shallow ideas IMO.

War bonds are not technology either. They are printed pieces of paper that people pay forward to finance the Government outlay to fund the war effort. Its ridiculous to assign this as “technology”

Paratroopers are not technology. You might as put down “you can new build a navy” as a technology.

• lol NICE! :lol:

• '12

I think advanced economic policy is a technology.  Being able to build military equipment on credit is a wonderful thing.

I think they call artillery the queen of the battlefield.  I would wager without artillery, infantry would be much less than 50% as effective as they would otherwise be.  Now having said this, in the world of AA, making infantry fight on a 3?  Am I getting this correct?  Cause that just seems a  bit too much.

• @Imperious:

Just interested in your opinion … Why do you think Adv. Artillery is a “crock”?

Because it never existed as a technology that could even effect infantry in that manner. Artillery do aid infantry, but not DOUBLE THEIR OFFENSIVE EFFECTIVENESS. ……

that makes sense

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m