• Do you think any French units will start out in UK?

• Doubt it, if anything British units will start in France. This is supposedly right after Dunkirk, and in the hasty escape some Brits and equipment were left behind. I wouldn’t doubt seeing an infantry and a armored/artillery piece in France to start the game off.

• i gamble germany will have to make a choice killing lonely tanks at normandy, full attack on paris or doubtfull attack on both
    if they don’t, UK might be saved by withdrawal of some of it’s heavy equipment

could be true?

• Yeah, Maybe Germany loads up on Russia to start the game and leaves France alone. It could work, or backfire very badly.

• It would have been nice if we could see the starting line-up.

• That would be pretty cool, maybe larry can talk now that WOTC is talking?

• @cminke:

I DOUT IT!

Please don’t use all caps.  I’m not sure if you realize it, but that is considered shouting online, and is considered bad manners in internet etiquette.  This as well as consistent misspellings are probably why your posts keep getting deleted.  Just try to take a little more care with what you post.

Though I do agree that Larry most likely still doesn’t have the go ahead to share the entire map just yet, or I feel he probably would have done so already.

• @SAS:

@cminke:

I DOUT IT!

Please don’t use all caps.  I’m not sure if you realize it, but that is considered shouting online, and is considered bad manners in internet etiquette.

Also who spells doubt wrong

• '12

He, don’t blam it on bein Candian, weez got really good speeling eh!

• '12

Well, we didn’t do so well during the battle of the Atlantic WWII.  It certainly was not for lack of bravery however.  We yeah in general, pound for pound we punch way above our weight-class IMnotsoHO!

• @Yoper:

Lazy youngster, or maybe it’s just because he’s Canadian.

About, lout, dout, etc.

Kind of like proooooocessed cheese, maaaaaazda, colouuuuur, honouuuuuur, etc.   :wink:   :mrgreen:

Your not even spelling it the American way so what are you. It must be some place that no one cares about.

• It is cool dude, but there is a spell checker feature on your computer that you can use. I swear it doesn’t take but a second to look for the red underline.

• They get de"L"eted because they are off topic, if you have a problem or concern you should talk with IL about it.

• ok im sorry, no hard feelings right? i hate beeing hated! i appolagise to all who i have offended.

back on topic, i totaly think that there should be french units in the uk(just 1-2)

• Historically, although a lot of the French soldiers that were evacuated from Dunkirk were eventually repatriated, around 8000 joined the Free French. I think perhaps one infantry in the UK would do.

• @UN:

Historically, although a lot of the French soldiers that were evacuated from Dunkirk were eventually repatriated, around 8000 joined the Free French. I think perhaps one infantry in the UK would do.

Weren’t most of the French soldiers that were evacuated sent back to France?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

Historically, although a lot of the French soldiers that were evacuated from Dunkirk were eventually repatriated, around 8000 joined the Free French. I think perhaps one infantry in the UK would do.

Weren’t most of the French soldiers that were evacuated sent back to France?

Yes, again, they were repatriated.

100,000 French soldiers were evacuated. They were put in camps all around southwestern England before (quickly, I might add) being repatriated back to France. Around 8000 of them joined the Free French.

• Am I wrong or does the game start right after Dunkirk? If it starts right before it then we would just probably transport them ourselves. If it doesn’t then I would say that for the sake of simplicity they should not start off with any units in the UK. But that is just me saying that for ease of setup.

• @maverick_76:

Am I wrong or does the game start right after Dunkirk? If it starts right before it then we would just probably transport them ourselves. If it doesn’t then I would say that for the sake of simplicity they should not start off with any units in the UK. But that is just me saying that for ease of setup.

The game starts post-Dunkirk, pre-surrender.

• I think if Germany captures two of France’s 3 territories, the third should just surrender and their units should disappear from the map.  This would make the game more historically accurate.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m