• I apologize if this has already been discussed; I haven’t been on the forum in a while.

I understand that the new Europe and Pacific games will be compatible with each other in the sense the you can connect them… is this correct?

If so, will there be a different set-up for each “side”, or will the same set-up be used whether you play one theatre or the combo?

Thanks!

• Yes, they can combine! I think they use the same setup except that ANZAC units, which don’t exist in Europe, will be in Egypt/Africa in the global game

• What is ANZAK?

• Also, what about the rule in Pacific regarding the US not attacking Japan unless provoked (or something like that, lol)?  Will those type of rules still exist the the global combo game?
    Thanks.

• @captainjack:

What is ANZAK?

It’s ANZA_C_
    It stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps(so, it’s basically Australia in p40)

“Also, what about the rule in Pacific regarding the US not attacking Japan unless provoked (or something like that, lol)?  Will those type of rules still exist the the global combo game?
    Thanks.”

Yes, the US will not go to war unless provoked(I don’t know if the US automatically goes to war with all axis powers if it goes at war with one). Russia can’t go to war until turn 4 unless attacked. In the beginning, Germany and Italy are at war with France and Britain(and ANZAC), and Japan is at war with China. The US and USSR are neutral, but will eventually join the allies.

• @cminke:

usa did declare war on germany 4 days or something after the declaration on japan, so i would say ya

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but there is this little bell in my head that tells me that it was actually Germany who declared war on the U.S. Confirmation? Anyone?

• Yes, US did declare war on Germany, but only after Germany declared war on US.

(Dec. 7, 1941) Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor forces U.S. into war. U.S. and Britain declare war on Japan.

(Dec. 11, 1941) Germany and Italy declare war on U.S.; Congress declares war on those countries.

• @Brain:

Yes, US did declare war on Germany, but only after Geramany declared war on US.

(Dec. 7, 1941) Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor forces U.S. into war. U.S. and Britain declare war on Japan.

(Dec. 11, 1941) Germany and Italy declare war on U.S.; Congress declares war on those countries.

December 9, 1941: After over 10 years of fighting, China declares war on Japan

• @calvinhobbesliker:

December 9, 1941: After over 10 years of fighting, China declares war on Japan

Convinced that only when America starts fighting, the Nationalist government would receive greater financial and materialistic aid, from ‘officially’ being one with the Allies. Chiang Kai Shek played some ‘interesting’ politics, but I’ll digress.

• According to Larry, the US can be at war with Japan without being at war with Germany as well, and vice versa.

• @Make_It_Round:

According to Larry, the US can be at war with Japan without being at war with Germany as well, and vice versa.

So Japan could still do a J1 attack while Germany leaves the US alone?

• @cminke:

that would be cool! than germany doesent need to worrie about a 1943 D-Day

It also doesn’t have to worry about losing its rightful claim to the UK, Moscow, and South Africa

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Make_It_Round:

According to Larry, the US can be at war with Japan without being at war with Germany as well, and vice versa.

So Japan could still do a J1 attack while Germany leaves the US alone?

This is unlikely.  I would imagine the same alliance triggers are in place from Pac40 as they have historic precedence.  If Japan attacks the UK first turn, the US is triggered to declare war against Japan and can probably declare on Germany as well.  The tripartite pact meant when the US declared war on Japan then Germany and Italy were obligated to declare war on the US and that brought the US into the war in Europe.  I would imagine that this is simplified such that if the US is allowed to declare war due to an unprovoked japanese attack then they will be allowed to declare war against any and all Axis powers.

However, if Japan does NOT do a J1 and is instead attacked first by the UK, then Japan can declare war on the UK without bringing the US in, and because the US cannot declare war on Japan (the UK started it) it should follow that they cannot declare war on Germany either.  So yes, it should be possible to keep the US out of the war for a few turns, but only if the UK jumps the gun and the J1 attack is never used.

And probably the only way to get Japan completely out of the picture is if the UK attacks Japan, and then Germany attacks a US ship, MAYBE Japan and the US could opt not to go to war until turn 4 (or Japan attacks the US).

I suppose it’s possible that Germany and italy don’t have to declare war against the US if Japan attacks first but the axis would probably never want the US able to focus only on one theater of war, so either you keep the US completely out of it until turn 4 by both Japan and Germany ignoring her completely, or you get her in on both sides (japan attacks first turn, which I believe should and will trigger total war).

• '20 '18 '17 '15

but the axis would probably never want the US able to focus only on one theater of war

Depends on which Axis player I’m controlling.  :lol:

It could be a good thing.  I won’t really know until I see the set up.  Perhaps America being unable to aid in Europe would spell the end for the UK or possibly Russia.

• The only reason that Hitler declared on the US was he wanted Japan to in turn declare war on Russia. The Japs stalled and stalled and never really gave Germany a definite answer on the matter.

• @maverick_76:

The only reason that Hitler declared on the US was he wanted Japan to in turn declare war on Russia. The Japs stalled and stalled and never really gave Germany a definite answer on the matter.

Japan would freeze in Russia.

• I think mainly instead of a full on invasion he was wanting to be able to keep the Siberian troops in the East, which is what the Soviets would have had to do had Japan at least lifted a finger on the matter.

• @Whackamatt:

but the axis would probably never want the US able to focus only on one theater of war

Depends on which Axis player I’m controlling.   :lol:

It could be a good thing.  I won’t really know until I see the set up.  Perhaps America being unable to aid in Europe would spell the end for the UK or possibly Russia.

Pretty sure that Larry said that a US that doesn’t spend income both ways to a degree will usually result in an Allied loss. Probably Germany is powerful enough that if the US goes full steam toward Japan, then Germany can keep less men in France and bust through Russia easier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m