• Okay so I know that the possibilities for attack on sz9 are with the 6 fighters from the carriers…but I’ve heard that you can also use 2 fighters from the caroline islands? I’m wondering how this works, as it takes 3 movements to reach sz9 with the 2 fighters on caroline islands and the remaining 1 movement available isn’t enough to land anywhere except a carrier…but those have the 6 fighters already…so is that even possible?

Also a more general question about movement, does it count as i movement to land/take off from a carrier? and the 4 movements…I’ve heard also that it’s 4 to attack and 4 to land…that’s definitely not right, is it? it’s a total of 4 movements for a fighter, including getting to the attack and landing…some clarification please?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Xnex!

Yes, Caroline Islands fighters would have to land on a carrier.  However, two of the fighters that took off from the carriers could land in the Caroline Islands due to the airbase there. making room for them.

Taking off from or landing on a carrier doesn’t count as a movement, because the fighter is remaining in the same space.  Only crossing from one space to another (land or sea) counts as a movement.

The movement numbers for air units (4 for fighters, 6 for bombers) apply to the combination of combat and noncombat movement.  If a figher moves 3 spaces in combat movement, it has only 1 move left for noncombat movement.

If you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out the FAQ for important errata and clarifications.

• Oh okay that makes sense…guess I didn’t think about that one enough lol

thanks that really clears it up.

another question i guess, I just finished a game with some friends and I basically lost as Japan because I landed on Queensland, held out, and went to attack NSW but the 1 antiaircraft gun there fired each roll at the number of fighters I had attacking (11 to start with), so I got destroyed by the antiaircraft gun…is that how it’s supposed to work? That it fires (rolls) each round of combat for each fighter I have attacking and if it scores a 1 then it destroys a fighter? If so, does the fighter have a chance to still fire back?

• Official Q&A

AA guns fire only once at the beginning of the battle, not once in each round.  Only one AA gun per territory may fire, even if there is more than one in the territory.  The AA gun rolls one die for each attacking air unit, scoring hits on a 1, and the attacker removes an air unit of his/her choice for each hit.  Hit air units are eliminated immediately, and will not fire in the battle.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m