• '10

Played my first game today. WOW. So much difference between this game and the AA global games. It looks like it is going to be a very interesting game when I get to the point of not commiting so many rules violations. I learned so much today. I played as the allies and managed to hold the Germans at the bridge east of Clervaux for four complete turns. The German player learned the hard way to NOT stack six tanks alone in the Dasburg hex. I won the initiative to start the third round and killed four of those tanks and forced two to retreat. He was starting to flank me in the fourth round and the only place I had to retreat to was straight west which was blocked because of being a ZOC hex so I lost many units that could not retreat. I brought in my air force in round five but it was not very effective. I had lost so many units by this time that I could see that there was little hope of stopping the Bosch sunami. I need to change my allied tactics and fall back trading hexes for time to let more of my reinforcments get on the board. We have another session lined up for next monday. I think that we can eliminate most of our rule errors next time. Now if I can eliminate strategy errors maybe it will be a better game.

• BOTB is much more in the vein of a traditional war game in it trys much harder to recreate the situations and decisions faced by the commanders of the battle.

The big thing the Allies need to do is maintain a continuous line with depth at a few places (often two units in the line will prove useless but one unit in the line and one behind can do the job.)

The Axis has to remember that the need for haste does not need go hand in hand with recklessness.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Well said. This has become a very enjoyable game in my house. It’s fun to trade off sides every other game since the strategies employed by both sides are so different.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m