• So I would assume that the Europe 1940 box is going to be the exact same size as the Pacific 1940 one, right?  The PAC40 box fits 5 of the unit boxes (with the starting setups on them) perfectly.  Can I assume then that Europe 1940 is going to have 5 also?  That would be a neat trick since there are going to be 6 playable countries in the game.
    So I’d guess that Germany, Russia, England, and America are going to get their very own boxes, so how are they going to put the Italian and French troops in there?

Has anyone else though about this?  Are the unit boxes just going to be smaller then?  Is one country’s setup card going to list two countries?

• I would assume that France and UK would share a box.

• Either Italy and France share a box, or they got half boxes.

• I asked Larry this same question a while back.  He said that he really didn’t know since that is a production (WOTC) issue they will deal with.  He did say that France will probably NOT get its own box but would join with the US or something.

• For the price of this game and the fact that china is wasted after three turns and France is gone after two three turns they could release it with a larger box and dedicated country boxes.

• France does not deserve a box. They can share the box with the dice, chips and cardboard crap.

• What I’m confused about is were the USSR pacific setup will be.

• @finnman:

What I’m confused about is were the USSR pacific setup will be.

It will probably be in the Europe book since that’s the one that has the global rules in it.

• @Brain:

France does not deserve a box. They can share the box with the dice, chips and cardboard crap.

ROFL

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

@finnman:

It will probably be in the Europe book since that’s the one that has the global rules in it.

It would have to be.

• @finnman:

Well, Larry said there are 18 inf in the pacific boad, and there are 9 territories, so I assume 2 inf per territory, like in 1942

• You think if I asked Larry or Kreig how many boxes there are that they would answer? I am reluctant to ask questions. I dont know if they will be answered.

• They may not even know the answer themselves. It sounds like they are only the creative geniuses, and then WOTC takes over and screws everything up.

• Split boxes sounds the way to go :-). I just hate seeing different coloured pieces in the same pile :x

• WOW, this thread really did get alot of replies.

Anyways, I think that they should make 4 full size boxes for US, UK, USSR, and Germany, and 2 half-size boxes for Italy and France.  Half-size lengthwise, not long-ways.  Know what I mean?

The current box size is 3.5"x11.6"x1.4".  France and Italy should be 3.5"x5.8"x1.4" so they can fit together in the box.

While they’re at it they should throw in a box for chips, dice, and base counters too.
    That’s probably wishful thinking, though.

• I think Italy and Germany should share the same box. They are two of a kind, both evil. France deserve its own box, just to recognise its war effort. Put the dice, chips and other crap in the US box, since US got another box from Pacific too, they dont need two boxes.

• Will Norway and Sweeden share a box ?

• Yes, they share the same imaginary box!

• @Bizarro:

Will Norway and Sweeden share a box ?

Norway and Sweden won’t even get their own roundel.

• @Brain:

Norway and Sweden won’t even get their own roundel.

Sweden was Germany’s b!tch, why should they get their own roundel ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m