November 22, 2017, 11:40:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want a t-shirt? Check out our awesome Axis & Allies .org T-Shirt Store! Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IL's Axis and Allies Global 1939 and 1942 files  (Read 49641 times)
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

Sgt. Saunders 351st, King Company

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2010, 07:53:04 pm »

Put on a disk and take to printers. Less headache, better quality. Actually really nice quality.

Id print it out on thick vinyl at maximum DPI. Thats what the pictures are of.
Striker
A&A.org Mechanized Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2010, 07:51:40 pm »

Your rules link is currently down:(.
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2010, 09:22:20 pm »

ok one sec
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2010, 09:24:00 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?zq1ytmyjnme

here is the link
Striker

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2010, 07:54:52 am »

Cool, not bad.

BTW, is the "AA50HE Phase 1 final map" functionally the same as the original anniversary edition map(besides the two island editions) or are there other changes?  I'd like to play anniversary, but rather then buy an expensive second hand set(and with not reprint in site, ignoring hopeful wishes) it would be cheaper for me to print out the map/charts/rules and then using pieces from AAP40 and AAE40 when it comes out.  I know i can combine the two for a global game but it would be nice to have the option for one that takes less time.(Plus i personally think 1941 is the most interesting time for the game to start.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:21:13 am by Striker » Logged
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2010, 10:40:06 am »

no other changes
calvinhobbesliker
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

The British Empire-the Largest one in History

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »

IL, if you were to use the P40 map, do you have an idea of what the historical setup would be?
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2010, 04:56:47 pm »

Well to reconstruct AAp40 with historical is a major undertaking...why?

Because it's got too many sea zones and that makes it harder to playtest once the proper historical locations are found.

Thats why i kept the sea zones like they are in AA50 because i have much more experience playing that and my playtest teams prefer AA50. Its better to start at 1939 because information is much more available than say June 1940.

The other problem is the IPC distribution is not historical. Its in many wrong spaces and based on 'other factors' to script some idea of what is historical with little knowledge.

Then you have problem of the global 1940 setup, so really you need to have AAE40 and study the 6/40 situation and balance with a setup using both games. It is incorrect to balance one game and then another latter because that causes too many changes to make each one mate the other,  id rather study what actually existed and reformulate that as one setup study.

Too me its better to start from scratch and redo the entire game by stripping it down and rebuilding it with only the best ideas. Thats what i plan on doing latter and making an upgraded version of my 1939 ideas.
lnmajor
A&A.org Tank

Strength beyond Strength /25yrs AA experience

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2010, 04:19:58 am »

please explain what you mean by the 6/40 situation
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2010, 11:16:44 am »

June 1940
valthonis

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2010, 12:06:59 pm »

First off I must say I love what you've done with this thus far.  
But I have a couple questions to clarify the rules and the map.

1.  Under the "Neutrals" you have the ending comment
"All they can do is defend home territories, with the exceptions of: Spain, Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina"
What exactly do you mean by that?  Perhaps it's me, but it wasn't clear if you meant those neutrals to be factions of their own.  And if so, when do they move and by whom?

2.  If the above assumption is correct, I'm guessing those four should have their own colors seperate from the "other" neutrals?   Also assuming that the pro-axis, pro-allies, and neutrals should have their own colors too?  If so, anyone have a good recommendation for the colors and how many "Extra" units each should have for gaming sake?

3.  Again, if assumption for 1 is correct, Brazil should only have Brazil and Seazone 18 correct?  Iraq, Persia, etc, blend right in without any new line/spacing after it.

4.  Can any of the neutrals build ICs and build more units?

5.  Finally, the map.  Should the Vichy France system be reduced in size at all?  It just seems to stand out dramatically larger than any other roundel.

Otherwise awesome job, screw AAE40, well except for the pieces, but I'll be playing this game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:09:40 pm by valthonis » Logged
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2010, 02:23:07 pm »

1.  Under the "Neutrals" you have the ending comment
"All they can do is defend home territories, with the exceptions of: Spain, Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina"
What exactly do you mean by that?  Perhaps it's me, but it wasn't clear if you meant those neutrals to be factions of their own.  And if so, when do they move and by whom?

If they become an ally of either side ( meaning its attacked and becomes the new ally of the other side), they can move their forces outside of home territory to attack the enemy. So if the allies invade Spain and Spain is a German ally, the Germans can consider Spain as part of German controlled areas but using the spainish forces as they wish.

2.  If the above assumption is correct, I'm guessing those four should have their own colors seperate from the "other" neutrals?   Also assuming that the pro-axis, pro-allies, and neutrals should have their own colors too?  If so, anyone have a good recommendation for the colors and how many "Extra" units each should have for gaming sake?

Yes you need white or cream pieces painted ( use british). If they go axis, then have some extra minor axis allies ( light Grey) for these. Quantity would be based on setup, so just use that to determine how many because they can never exceed their total force pool.

3.  Again, if assumption for 1 is correct, Brazil should only have Brazil and Seazone 18 correct?  Iraq, Persia, etc, blend right in without any new line/spacing after it.

That is the starting setup. as far as naval they can move those pieces wherever they like once Brazil is at war.

4.  Can any of the neutrals build ICs and build more units?

They can build according to their IPC value, which could lead to a factory, but that is a waste. Also, consider the rules for Minor and Major factories and the IPC limitations.

5.  Finally, the map.  Should the Vichy France system be reduced in size at all?  It just seems to stand out dramatically larger than any other roundel.
Yes i think so too, but 2 people pointed out that the icon is hard to see, so i made a white ghosted circle behind it. Perhaps that makes it look too large. I will look into reducing them.

Otherwise awesome job, screw AAE40, well except for the pieces, but I'll be playing this game.

Well we got about 23 playtests behind this and i personally have been in about 15 of them. The game offers many more options that i realized at the time and made the game play more like i feel the considerations that the actual Generals faced and why they did what they did. You will rate the historical decisions more heavily in this game and probably go with them.

For example Germany will go for the oil and often neglect Moscow
USA will have a balanced game against japan and Germany
UK will go after Italy and try to invade the 'soft underbelly'
Russia will build lots of tanks and more offensive
Japan will not invade Russia and rather so after Asia
Italy will stay in Africa and fight British, they are not "German can openers"
valthonis

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2010, 02:38:27 pm »

Thanks for the reply!

When you mentioned:
"Yes you need white or cream pieces painted ( use british). If they go axis, then have some extra minor axis allies ( light Grey) for these. Quantity would be based on setup, so just use that to determine how many because they can never exceed their total force pool."

Do you mean short of building a factory to produce more units it's a non-issue as they will never get more?

Thanks again!
Imperious Leader
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2010, 03:18:46 pm »

"Yes you need white or cream pieces painted ( use British). If they go axis, then have some extra minor axis allies ( light Grey) for these. Quantity would be based on setup, so just use that to determine how many because they can never exceed their total force pool."

yes right. as far as neutrals they can build, only to replace loses and using their current IPC and force pool as the guideline. They can't control new territories, but can fight alongside their allies in combat. In any case their ally gets the IPC they capture if they make conquests alone without aid ( as in Spain or Turkey).

Do you mean short of building a factory to produce more units it's a non-issue as they will never get more?

Well Spain can waste 4 turns worth of income once at war saving for a minor factory...but as i said they can replace loses from their original force pool even if these are tanks or ships... In this case they don't need a factory, but i guess they can buy one and it will only be used to place more Spanish units. So really their is no point to making a factory.

The allies can take it over and build a factory. The only time to can build a factory in a neutral is to conquer it. If the other side takes it back, the factory is destroyed.

So if Spain is a German ally, US can invade and build a factory, then Germany can retake it and destroy the factory. Germany cant then build a factory for German units... it can however save up and build a spainish factory for spainish units... but that would be a dumb move.
valthonis

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2010, 04:04:00 pm »

yes right. as far as neutrals they can build, only to replace loses and using their current IPC and force pool as the guideline. They can't control new territories, but can fight alongside their allies in combat. In any case their ally gets the IPC they capture if they make conquests alone without aid ( as in Spain or Turkey).

Ok, so regardless of a factory or not, they can always rebuild to what they had originally.  So if they started with 2 infantry and a tank, they can always build those assuming no more than the 2 infantry and a tank.

Well Spain can waste 4 turns worth of income once at war saving for a minor factory...but as i said they can replace loses from their original force pool even if these are tanks or ships... In this case they don't need a factory, but i guess they can buy one and it will only be used to place more Spanish units. So really their is no point to making a factory.

The allies can take it over and build a factory. The only time to can build a factory in a neutral is to conquer it. If the other side takes it back, the factory is destroyed.

So if Spain is a German ally, US can invade and build a factory, then Germany can retake it and destroy the factory. Germany cant then build a factory for German units... it can however save up and build a spainish factory for spainish units... but that would be a dumb move.

Sorry, just seems odd to me.  Why can they build without a factory and invade but not claim for their own?

Also, when would they make a move?  Would spain replace losses/move during any Axis Player's turn?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming