• So… we know that the UK will have split income in the global game, for the European and Pacific sides of the board.  I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere else, so I’ll ask… what will the UK’s roundel be in Europe?  Should they continue to use the “standard” UK roundel (as per P40), or should they use the Union Jack roundel from the convoy zones in the original Pacific to differentiate the UK’s European and Pacific possessions?

I’m a bit torn on the issue.  On the one hand, it’d be neat to see that Union Jack roundel come back, and it’d make it easier at a glance to differentiate the European possessions with the Pacific possessions, but on the other hand… with all of the various minor powers we now have (Italy, China, ANZAC, France), PLUS the roundels for the Dutch and Canadians, it might make things a little too messy with the many different roundels across the board.  Though of course, it could be easy to make the argument that, with all of the other roundels on the board, the Union Jack for Europe wouldn’t be that much of a stretch, since Canada and the Dutch get roundels and territories without being separate powers…

Thoughts/insights?

• The more roundels the better, I say.

• I’d prefer the same roundel as they had in Pacific and all the other games. Otherwise, It can be very confusing for all the people (including me) that will mod the game from the very first day to a Canada/UK split or no split. In addition, current roundel seems cooler for me than Union Jack

As for Dutch roundels, at least they have a use, and a very important one if you ask me. Canadian roundels are worst than useless because they just serve to confuse people

• I love the idea of having the union jack instead. Well if there going to have Dutch Roundels I would like to see a Belgian roundel. Nothing fancy just for Belgium and Congo.

• @finnman:

Well if there going to have Dutch Roundels I would like to see a Belgian roundel. Nothing fancy just for Belgium and Congo.

If they are going to have some game use or rule, OK for me. If it’s just “belgian roundels are there purely as recognition for Belgium role in the war blablabla”, better not  :lol:

• @Funcioneta:

@finnman:

Well if there going to have Dutch Roundels I would like to see a Belgian roundel. Nothing fancy just for Belgium and Congo.

If they are going to have some game use or rule, OK for me. If it’s just “belgian roundels are there purely as recognition for Belgium role in the war blablabla”, better not  :lol:

They could serve the same as the dutch roundels. They’d also be great for a resistance rule.

• @Funcioneta:

@finnman:

The Canadian roundels are there simply to pay tribute to Canada’s contribution to the Allied war effort. :-D

• @Yoper:

@Brain:

@Funcioneta:

@finnman:

The Canadian roundels are there simply to pay tribute to Canada’s contribution to the Allied war effort. :-D

Please just put this statement in your signature block and save us all the time of having to read it again and again. :roll:

Good idea.

• @Yoper:

@Brain:

@Funcioneta:

@finnman:

Please just put this statement in your signature block and save us all the time of having to read it again and again. :roll:

I love the idea. I will change it.

• @Yoper:

I’m sorry I just couldn’t resist, I’ll try to refrain from saying that again. :wink:

I got some control markers from my Struggle game that have a Union Jack and Swastikas for Germany. I will use them.

• @Funcioneta:

@finnman:

a lot of the uranium for manhatten project came from our congo ;)
    and atleast we fought and didn’t complain like our neighbours the french ^^

• @Frontovik:

@Funcioneta:

@finnman:

If they are going to have some game use or rule, OK for me. If it’s just “belgian roundels are there purely as recognition for Belgium role in the war blablabla”, better not  :lol:

Did the belgians have partisan resistance

• @finnman:

Did the belgians have partisan resistance

They had waffles. :-D

• And Hercule Periot.

• I thought he was French?  :-D  just kidding

• @cminke:

@Frontovik:

hey guess where it was refined…
    Ontario CANADA ha!

That was so they could get some real Canadian maple syrup to go with their Belgian waffles. :lol:

• TinTin contributed a lot to the Allied war effort…

• @mike:

TinTin contributed a lot to the Allied war effort…

Who was TinTin? I remember Rin Tin Tin, but I don’t remember TinTin.

• That move is going to be awesome.

• http://heroworkshop.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/tintin.jpg
    TinTin and Snowy…I wonder how many German ankles that dog mauled  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m