• Hey, I bought a copy of AAP40, but i saw the soviet territories on the map, so can you play with as the soviet Union? I know I probably sound like a fool, but playing as the Soviet union is so fun in the 50th anniversity AA board. The advance arty is worth getting for them.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Panzer4life!

The Soviet Union is not represented in AAP40, as there was a nonagression treaty between it and Japan.  The Soviet territories are on the board for use in the global game that will be created when AAP40 and AAE40 are combined.  In that game, you will be able to feel free to break that nonagression treaty whenever you like!

• It is fair that there is a non-aggression treaty between Russia and Japan. It even the battlefield. Otherwise, Germany, Italy, and Japan would overrun the Soviet union, and that would give them a massive manpower boost, not to mention the fact that now they are connected. Is there technology in the AAP40? Cause one of the most annoying things is that when i play against my brother, he researches jet fighters, and then he builds massive carrier fleets. Since the fighters then defend on a 5 or lower, even battleships are futile against them.

• Official Q&A

There are no technology rules in AAP40, but there will be optional tech rules in the combined game.  Don’t worry, though, there won’t be any fighters defending at 5.

• That is so much a relief. But waiting for AAE40 is annoying. Why not have it come out in June or something? Why must it come out in August?

• I had been tinkering with a way to put the soviet union on the board in P40

The Allies decide as a team where to place 18 Soviet infantry. No more than 6 may be placed in any Soviet territory.

The Soviet Union takes its turn after ANZAC, and is controled by an Allied Player.
    The Soviet Union power skips its turn unless:
    a) It has been Attacked
    b) There are 2 or less Japanese units in either Korea or Manchuria
    There are no restrictions on when/where Soviet forces can attack other than these conditions

Soviet units may not non-combat move out of the Soviet territories until after it has been attacked.

The Soviet union does not collect IPCs until after Japan has made a combat move against it. After it has been attacked it collects IPCs as if it was China. However, it may only place new units in Timguska. If Timguska is captured it may still place units there, resolve combat in the following Japanese turn.

The Soviet Union does not liberate Chinese territories, it gains control of them.

Until the Soviet Union has been attacked it is off limits to units of all allied powers
    An attack against the Soviet Union is considered an act of war by UK/ANZAC but not the United States. (This rule actualy has almost no meaning according to the new political rules)
    If the Japanese power controls all avalable Soviet territories, add 1 to its current tally of victory cities.

• I love it. Well thought out and seems historic and fair. But only if you’re one of the people who think that Pacific 1940 is unfair to begin with. If you think that the game is fair, then this will tip the game in favor of the allies (although japan “can” capture the russian territories, come on, 18 infantry?)

• Well, since it does add the Soviet union, this is a good idea. however, lets wait until AAE40 comes out. Then I will have joy turning the Soviet war machine onto Japan after it beats Germany. :-D

• Larry has stated there will be 18 infantry there

I tinker with this rule because it is unfair to see the northern front of manchura emptied utterly.

Russia doesnt HAVE to attack, or Japan doesnt HAVE to attack….however, under certan curcumstances they CAN

• Well, once i get the game, i will make a house rule that Japan can not enter Soviet territory. i don’t think that Japan would invade the Soviet Union for two reasons;
    One: Once AAE40 comes out, the Us and Britain will have more IPC, China should get more territory, and thus Japan would need to focus more on them instead of the SU, and
    two: The Us and Britain could focus their industries onto Japan, so Japan will be screwed if they go after the Soviet union and ignore them. And the Soviet union can’t attack Japan until they defeat Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m