• like i heard Greece is pro Ally and Hungary and Finland are going to be pro Axis, but what do they do??

• A quote from Wild Bill

This came from Larry in a Q&A Feb 4th, I thought that’s what this topic started with.

[Q1]: What is the ‘pro-axis’ and ‘pro-ally’ mechanic for neutrals and how does it work?
    Let me say this… rules related to Pro this or pro that will be consistent with AAP40. However, neutrals will play a MUCH greater role in Europe than Pacific.

[Q3]: Will there be any nation-specific ‘boosts’ in Europe (like Kamikazes are for the Japanese in Pacific '40)? No. I did not see the need.
    I probably should point out that when a power enters a friendly neutral during a NCM the neutrals standing army converts and the actual units are placed on the board. This can make for some interesting developments in Greece and Finland as just two examples.

The true neutrals being linked together (or some of them) and all going pro the other side if one is attacked was mentioned by Larry very early on, but he didn’t confirm it to be the case for sure. I think they were still working it out back then. He hasn’t said anything more about true neutrals as far as I know

• Allied neutrals are Greece and Iran I think

Axis neutrals include:
    Finland, Hungary, Romania, and Iraq

Spain and Turkey are true neutrals

• @oztea:

Allied neutrals are Greece and Iran I think

Axis neutrals include:
    Finland, Hungary, Romania, and Iraq

Spain and Turkey are true neutrals

Does anyone know if Larry has stated which neutral contries will be axis, allied, or neutral?
    A neutral neutral. That sounds funny doesn’t it?

• I prefer the term true neutral.

• Official Q&A

The terms used in the rules are pro-Allies neutral, pro-Axis neutral, and strict neutral.

• Krieg, can you confirm my list of neutral nations as correct?
    Or would that violate the terms of your non-disclousure agreement

• From what I remember Larry has dropped that Bulgaria and Iraq are pro-axis neutrals, while Greece and Iran are pro-ally.

He has also mentioned that Hungary, Romania and Finland are treated as oriningaly owned Germany territory.

Besides the four mentioned above I imagine most if not all the neutrals are strick neutrals

Spain and Turkey are defenetly strick neutrals.

• Emperor_Taiki thats not correct

Larry has stated that Finland is in fact Pro-Axis Neutral
    It has been implied that Hungary and Romania are Pro-Axis Neutral as well

The desired game mechanic is that Germany must fight France on G1 because it will not border (and therefore not be able to make a combat move) any Russian territories execpt for Poland/East Poland

G1 will likeley consist of a major strike on some portion of France, and an annexation of Finland, Romania and Hungary. As well as an invasion of Bulgaria. Moving into the Axis Neutral territories bolsters the German forces enough to mount a G2 or G3 attack on Russia.

• Why would Iran be a pro Ally Nuetral considering at best both sides were potential allies/enemies.  The Allies invaded Iran they did not sign an alliance agreement.

Although what does reality have to do with a game.

• @oztea:

Emperor_Taiki thats not correct

Larry has stated that Finland is in fact Pro-Axis Neutral
    It has been implied that Hungary and Romania are Pro-Axis Neutral as well

ill have to dig up the exact quote

• Larry’s exact words on the subject

"What I did:
    A territory on the map is either controlled and contributing to one power or the other. If not, they are either neutral, neutral and pro- Axis or neutral and pro ally.

Finland – Presently Finland is being carried as Germany territory for purposes of German IPC income and starting positions. Technically I know this is technically not correct. I don’t want any automatic status changes based on Barbarossa. If I did it this way Finland would require a special rule. Not actually neutral and not actually occupied it would require a special status on the map. I’m not interested in going there with this game. Talk me out of it if you like.

Hungary – Presented as a German controlled territory.

Romania – Presented as a German controlled territory.

Bulgaria – Presently as pro- Axis neutral

Slovakia or Slovakia/Hungary is presented as a German controlled territory"

Maybe he changed his mind on finland.

• On the issues of pro-one side or the other neutrals larry stated that this would have interesting impications in Finland and Greece

Danger Mouse….the Iran/Iraq thing confuses me too…
    Germany sent something like 26 aircraft to Iraq to to try and support a coup against the British Appointed token government.

And the UK and USSR invaded Iran in support of its people because of its Pro-Axis government was leening too close to joining the axis.

So Larry has them reversed. Iraq was a british possesion, its people wanted freedom, even if that meant siding with the axis.

And Iran’s government was all about the National Socalist Movement in the 30’s and even changed its name from Persia to Iran to more closeley associate itself with the term Ayrian
    http://www.iranchamber.com/geography/articles/persia_became_iran.php

• In all previous A&A games, Hungary and Romania have already been German held territories. I can’t see that changing.

• Official Q&A

@oztea:

Krieg, can you confirm my list of neutral nations as correct?

Sorry, but no I can’t.

• The important part is Germany wont border russia exept in Poland/East Poland on G1 so there is no suprise strike on the likeley super weak Russia

Krieg, I respect your silence on the issue. But I am desperate for tidbits

• @Brain:

In all previous A&A games, Hungary and Romania have already been German held territories. I can’t see that changing.

That would basically only leave Finland and Bulgaria as possible pro-axis neutrals (disregarding the fact that they too have been "German held territories). Considering Romania’s rather large involvement in Barbarossa, I doubt they’d have Bulgaria as it’s own thing, as an axis neutral, but Romania basically being absorbed into Germany.

• @Brain:

In all previous A&A games, Hungary and Romania have already been German held territories. I can’t see that changing.

Yeah, but that was previous games this is not a previous game it’s "THE GAME!!! :evil: "

• @Dylan:

@Brain:

Yeah, but that was previous games this is not a previous game it’s "THE GAME!!! :evil: "

It should be neutral they didn’t join the axis till Nov. 23rd 1940

• Any word on whether there will be more than just infantry that pop up on these neutrals when they  are activated?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m