USA in global only get 30 IPC in war NO

• Larry told in his forum, and this is also quoted in the fact thread above, that in the global game USA will only get a wartime bonus of 30 IPC. That means USA will get a total of 80 IPC when at war, to spend as he likes, either all in one theater or a little here and a little there. This is the facts.

Now some players complains that Japan always win in AA40 Pacific, and that is when USA get 40 IPC in war bonus. How do you think this will effect play ? Will Japan get even harder to kill ?

• Is that +30 for the Eastern side or in replacement for the +40 that Pacific has?

I’m curious as I would be a little annoyed if the printed 10/50 on the Western half of my map ends up being some other number during the global game.  What are we supposed to do, tape over it?

• There will be UK support from the “London Armies” in Europe from South Africa and Egypt.  Not mention an 80 IPC/turn USA still makes more money than the USA in AAP40.

If anything, Japan’s life will be a great deal tougher in the global game, the India push is not going to be nearly as easy.

• @TitusAndronicus:

There will be UK support from the “London Armies” in Europe from South Africa and Egypt.  Not mention an 80 IPC/turn USA still makes more money than the USA in AAP40.

If anything, Japan’s life will be a great deal tougher in the global game, the India push is not going to be nearly as easy.

Your smart dude. Not. The U.S. doesn’t have 80+ to spend just in the pacific. They have to whole world now. The U.S Spent the grand majority of its income in europe fighting Germany. Even if Pacific 1940 is balance, the U.S should at least have over a 100 ipc economy, if not more with Brazil, Cent and East U.S. and panama. Probable more like 150. Japan will be a hell of a lot harder to beat. It’s ok though. We can make up our own game were the allies get like 100 ipc bid. We just have to pay 200$ for the right and pieces to do so. It’s an almost balanced game. they tried, and that’s what counts. I mean after all, how good can it be when they play a test game like only every month? (with testers who can’t seem to see a kill india strategy that dominates). And by the way we’ll get most of the pieces the first time. The rest will come after you spend 24+ hours complaining on this forum.

• @valthonis:

Is that +30 for the Eastern side or in replacement for the +40 that Pacific has?

I’m curious as I would be a little annoyed if the printed 10/50 on the Western half of my map ends up being some other number during the global game.  What are we supposed to do, tape over it?

Glue works too. That’s a fixable thing as well. We can (and someone will) make an online printable map. They won’t get paid, and They’ll spend more time than they should (they should spend 0). It’s ok though. All games have this problem. I mean, haven’t you guys been to the forum where the RISK players fix the map errors and order the missing pieces and have errata rules?

• @The:

@valthonis:

Is that +30 for the Eastern side or in replacement for the +40 that Pacific has?

I’m curious as I would be a little annoyed if the printed 10/50 on the Western half of my map ends up being some other number during the global game.  What are we supposed to do, tape over it?

Glue works too. That’s a fixable thing as well. We can (and someone will) make an online printable map. They won’t get paid, and They’ll spend more time than they should (they should spend 0). It’s ok though. All games have this problem. I mean, haven’t you guys been to the forum where the RISK players fix the map errors and order the missing pieces and have errata rules? Does anyone ever get the feeling that they could make a better game? No one ever wants to say it b/c they’ll look like a jackass. Someone will undoubtably say “well then you make a better game”. Pay me. And I will.

Let me see some samples of your work first.

• TripleA

@Razor:

Larry told in his forum, and this is also quoted in the fact thread above, that in the global game USA will only get a wartime bonus of 30 IPC. That means USA will get a total of 80 IPC when at war, to spend as he likes, either all in one theater or a little here and a little there. This is the facts.

Now some players complains that Japan always win in AA40 Pacific, and that is when USA get 40 IPC in war bonus. How do you think this will effect play ? Will Japan get even harder to kill ?

i also was surprised about the small usa ipc total. this leads me to believe that global will not just be pac40 and euro40 pushed together, but the setup will be different. so to answer your question i do not think it means game play will definitely be negatively effected or make japan harder to kill

• TripleA

this does exaggerate an existing problem.

at first i was not upset that the pac40 map had 10/50 printed the west usa territory. after re-reading the rules i noticed that the 40ipc increase was a national objective and the territory is not and would never be worth 50ipc(japan can not convoy raid for more than 10ipc and if they capture west usa it is only worth 10ipc). i was rightfully pissed off. now when i play global the stupid error will be magnified.

this error will not be fixed. the rulebook was a mess, but for those of us that have found this site have had the rulebook corrected via the errata. the lack of tactical bombers was corrected by mailing the necessary pieces to play the game. however, i am sure they will not mail out a new board for this map misprint.

• @Razor:

Larry told in his forum, and this is also quoted in the fact thread above, that in the global game USA will only get a wartime bonus of 30 IPC. That means USA will get a total of 80 IPC when at war, to spend as he likes, either all in one theater or a little here and a little there. This is the facts.

but don’t forget:
    The russians will be at japans’ backdoor, so you’ll need those forces at korea and manchuria
    China might get some aid it needs
    India might be stronger with reinforcements from europe

• okay, i don’t get it
    so, US only gets +30 for being at war?
    they get 17 starting income from pacific
    so US gets in the europe game 33?
    cause everybody mentions 80 IPC?

• @Frontovik:

okay, i don’t get it

Maybe it’s 30 for each side?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Frontovik:

okay, i don’t get it

I think this is what Larry is saying.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Frontovik:

okay, i don’t get it

Maybe it’s 30 for each side?

No it is confirmed- +30 when at war in the global game- Larry said that then they would be making 80+ not 100+ like a lot of us expected.

• This is completely insane. How is the US supposed to do its job in the pacific and Europe without pulling around 100?

• @xzorn:

This is completely insane. How is the US supposed to do its job in the pacific and Europe without pulling around 100?

I am sure that whatever the value is, it will be decided purely for balancing the game.

• if the US gets too much then we will quickly be complaining about how the US is overpowered.  We have to remember that there will likely be changes right up to the release date and then after as well and then fixes sent out to those who recognize it and correctly point it out.
      Maybe they will just send a little chip with a 30 on it to put over the W-US 40…

• Maybe. But I’m also pissed b/c I bet $5 with a friend of mine that the U.S. would get over 100 ipcs when at war with all of their territories and no NOs. I thought it was a sure gain of 5 bucks.  :x

• @The:

Maybe. But I’m also pissed b/c I bet $5 with a friend of mine that the U.S. would get over 100 ipcs when at war with all of their territories and no NOs. I thought it was a sure gain of 5 bucks.  :x

Well maybe Larry will change the rules if you split the winnings with him. I am sure he could use a couple extra bucks.

• @Brain:

@The:

Maybe. But I’m also pissed b/c I bet $5 with a friend of mine that the U.S. would get over 100 ipcs when at war with all of their territories and no NOs. I thought it was a sure gain of 5 bucks.  :x

Well maybe Larry will change the rules if you split the winnings with him. I am sure he could use a couple extra bucks.

Larry, $2 in it for you if you add 20 IPC’s to the US. Screw game balance, you could buy yourself a double cheeseburger!

• @Razor:

You got to remember that there will be several forces in those Russian territories above Manchuria.  There will be an IC in S.Africa and possilbly a W.Indian territory with some forces.  If US made 100+ Axis would be dead by round 5.  80+ will turn out to be just right.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m