• I would just love if this is how the game series is now. I mean after 50AE I thought Italy and China were in now it was a start of something great, but then Spring 1942 came out, pretty much the Revised edition with the map just a little different in West Russia and the Caucuses, and technologies were removed, also the Germans are black now. Then Pacific 1940 came out  with the return of the Chinese with more units and it was cooler. ANZAC were also added. Then Europe looks like Canada will have some roll, but looking like not a full roll, anyways Italy would be back France. I want them all to stay, but maybe Australia can be counted out and France will most likely be out, but it should keep China and Italy

• It has been confirmed that:

AA40Pacific has 1.Japan 2. UK 3. USA 4. China and 5. ANZAC

and that:

AA40Europe will have 1. Germany 2. Italy 3. USSR 4. UK 5. USA and 6. France

and that:

AA40Global will have 1.Germany 2.Italy 3.Japan 4.USSR 5.UK 6.USA 7.China 8.ANZAC and 9. France

• @Brain:

It has been confirmed that:

AA40Pacific has 1.Japan 2. UK 3. USA 4. China and 5. ANZAC

and that:

AA40Europe will have 1. Germany 2. Italy 3. USSR 4. UK 5. USA and 6. France

and that:

AA40Global will have 1.Germany 2.Italy 3.Japan 4.USSR 5.UK 6.USA 7.China 8.ANZAC and 9. France

I was more wondering for future games will these guys be in it

• '10

my guess is this will be the last global game for a long time.  the next will be a series of smaller scale battles, much like D-Day or Battle of the Bulge.  It will depend on the battle which countries will be involved

• @johnnymarr:

my guess is this will be the last global game for a long time.  the next will be a series of smaller scale battles, much like D-Day or Battle of the Bulge.  It will depend on the battle which countries will be involved

Well they will be cheaper most likely, so newer fans can start to build an Axis and Allies library, of which mine is Spring 1942 and soon Battle of the Bulge, but I have played most of them online or in real life

• They are already cheaper, it is just a matter of what price tag they will put on it :-D

• how is the map different in W Russia?

• @johnnymarr:

You bring up a good point.

I wonder where the next battle scaled Axis and Allies game will take place, maybe someplace in the Pacific. I could see a Burma Road styled game?

• always wanted an eastern front map
    actually, the eastern front at the big world 1942 map of tripleA is quite good
    but they should add 2 cities then: smolensk and kiev between ukraine-southern russia en belorussia-west russia

• @Frontovik:

always wanted an eastern front map
    actually, the eastern front at the big world 1942 map of tripleA is quite good
    but they should add 2 cities then: smolensk and kiev between ukraine-southern russia en belorussia-west russia

If that was gonna happen do you think it would be Germany and the Soviet Union or do you think that perhaps Finland or Hungary or something in it?

• or maybe a game a bout winter war where finland tries to keep soviets out of finland and maybe baltic countries fightinng against soviet union too :-)

• Im hoping for a WWI game the hundredth anniversary is coming up!

• I want a A&A North Africa with sea battles, land battles, air battles, and logistical support

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I want a A&A North Africa with sea battles, land battles, air battles, and logistical support

I am interested in a North African or Mediterranean Theater game as well. I have been work on my own version over the past year. I have some rules that a friend and me have test a couple of times but it needs work. the map i created can be found at the following link. This pdf has the starting setup - November 1940 - with the British fleet ready for the Taranto raid.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jqnzzojlmz3/A&A MED final w setup.pdf

• @IronDuke:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I want a A&A North Africa with sea battles, land battles, air battles, and logistical support

I am interested in a North African or Mediterranean Theater game as well. I have been work on my own version over the past year. I have some rules that a friend and me have test a couple of times but it needs work. the map i created can be found at the following link. This pdf has the starting setup - November 1940 - with the British fleet ready for the Taranto raid.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jqnzzojlmz3/A&A MED final w setup.pdf

Could you post the rules?
    Also, what’s the plane/arrow between Sicily and Malta?

• AA games have to be popular and flashy historical events, usualy invovling america……

Our 3 so far have been D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, and Guadalcanal.

I dont think a USSR v Germany small scale game would sell as well.

I expect to see either Market Garden, The Battle of Midway, or the least likeley, a Stalingrad game

• @oztea:

AA games have to be popular and flashy historical events, usualy invovling america……

Our 3 so far have been D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, and Guadalcanal.

I dont think a USSR v Germany small scale game would sell as well.

I expect to see either Market Garden, The Battle of Midway, or the least likeley, a Stalingrad game

How is stalingrad not small scale USSR vs Germany?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Im hoping for a WWI game the hundredth anniversary is coming up!

Sadly, Larry Harris would not make it, he does not know why so many people want a game like that.

• @i:

i like to sea a stalingrad game, you could have 3 player germany russia and the hungarian, romanian and italian forces(last 3 names i mentioned are one power)

This would be a great game I was actually just thinking that as well. And, for a change of pace, it would be 2 axis powers versus 1 allied player.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I would imagine that most anyone (in the United States) who would go buy an Axis and Allies game knows at least something about the war… if not more than the average person. If that is true, I would also imagine that people would love a Stalingrad, or even Eastern Europe Front, game. I sure would love it ! I think the stage is huge, the story epic… great idea for a game. Besides, everyone has enough American pieces already, we could use more Russian ones.

A Stalingrad game might have to involve some new concepts for Axis and Allies… there has never been an AA game focused on such a small area as one city and it’s surroundings. It would prove intersting and different… something the game needs after multiple (more or less) Global stage games.

I predict such a game would sell well. If they did it somewhat like they did with D-Day, I think it would be great. I hated the hexagon-board for Battle of the Bulge … it felt less like Axis and Allies without uniquely shaped territories or regions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m