Old computer war games (was: Waffen_AH)

• '19 Moderator

what are DoD and operation flashpoint?

Moderator’s edit: Modified title, as this thread has been dug out of the dust.

• I don’t know. Just wanted to see how many people will respond to this thread.

• Oh wow!  :-o :-o :-o  I didn’t know this would move to the top of the list. Well now that it is here, someone may want to elaborate on what the question is.

• @Topmat:

Oh wow!  :-o :-o :-o  I didn’t know this would move to the top of the list. …

That’s the nature of a forum: The threads are sorted chronologically downwards starting with the latest posting.
    So when you dig out and ressurect a 17 years old thread, it will move to the top.

@dezrtfish:

what are DoD and operation flashpoint?

@Topmat:

… Well now that it is here, someone may want to elaborate on what the question is.

Funny that this question never had been answered.

“Day of Defeat” and “Operation Flashpoint” are computer games, very famous in those days.
    I played Operation Flashpoint myself and followed the development of Day of Defeat, too, back in those days.

In case of further interest you can get a lot of information on Wikipedia, watch videos on Youtube …

I move this topic from “General Discussion” to “Other Games” and change the title to something meaningful.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Who else played Day of Defeat?

I used to love it, Omaha beach and Caen were awesome maps.  Or Avalanche!

• @P@nther:

@Topmat:

Oh wow!  :-o :-o :-o  I didn’t know this would move to the top of the list. …

That’s the nature of a forum: The threads are sorted chronologically downwards starting with the latest posting.
    So when you dig out and ressurect a 17 years old thread, it will move to the top.

I feel like this deserves another golden oldie: Here’s your sign…

-Midnight_Reaper

• I’ll look those up on Wikipedia. Thank y’all. It’s funny to see something that someone said even before I was born. :-o

• Disciplinary Group Banned

I love the date on this posting.
    « on: November 15, 2001, 03:59:00 pm »
    8-) 8-) 8-)

Here are some real classic war games for you.
    http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-st-strategy-wargame_genre_155_S_G.html

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m