Repairing Capital Ships While Your Capital Is Occupied

• Just wanted to confirm something. On page 18 of the manual it states that if a players capital is captured “The player skips all but the Combat Move, Conduct Combat, and Noncombat Move phases until the capital is liberated”. Now since repairing capital ships is done during the Purchase & Repair Units phase, that means that any damaged capital ships cannot be repaired until you take back the capital right?

• Well that’s a doozie.

• Stinky capital rules …  :-P

• Official Q&A

Yup, that’s right.  On the bright side, you can’t have convoy raids done against you, either.  (Just in case you happen to have some IPCs from taking someone else’s capital.)

• It would be hilarious if you traded capitals with someone and what would be even cooler is if you could keep building and deploying, basically just switched factions with someone!

• Nice rules question, Sgt. Wonko! Hadn’t considered that before…

• @Krieghund:

Yup, that’s right.  On the bright side, you can’t have convoy raids done against you, either.  (Just in case you happen to have some IPCs from taking someone else’s capital.)

Just a little technicality… doesn’t the lost money from convoy disruption come from the income for the turn? (meaning that money you saved from previous turns isn’t affected by the disruptions)

• Official Q&A

Yes.  That’s why you can’t lose IPCs to convoy raids if you don’t collect income.

• I wonder what is the real-life excuse why you cannot repair damaged ships without a capital. Is totally irreal. Engineers forgot how repair? :x Come on, even in an allied base?  :-P

The best would be deleting ACME capitals rules and ACME walls rules with retroactive effect. ACME virus is expanding quickly! We must do something or it will collapse A&A as agent Smith did with Matrix! Where is Neo when you needs it? :lol:

• @Krieghund:

Yes.  That’s why you can’t lose IPCs to convoy raids if you don’t collect income.

I was asking because the way you worded your reply up there seems to mean that convoy disruptions also affect IPCs earned from capturing a capital.

• Well, the bottom line seems to be, dont lose your capital.

• Official Q&A

@Hobbes:

I was asking because the way you worded your reply up there seems to mean that convoy disruptions also affect IPCs earned from capturing a capital.

No, I simply meant that the only way you can have IPCs if your capital has been captured is if you subsequently capture someone else’s capital.

@Razor:

Well, the bottom line seems to be, dont lose your capital.

Sound advice!

• Repair happens in the turn of the player who owns the base, not the ship, right?  So capital-less ships can still be repaired in allied bases, right?

• Official Q&A

No, repairs occur in the turn of the ships’ owner.

• @Krieghund:

So lets say a UK Battleship and a US Battleship is in seazone 37 outside Malaya, wich happens to have a UK port, and both battleships have one damage each. If India belong to Japan, then the UK Battleship can not be repaired, but only the US Battleship can be repaired. I love this rule. If UK is short of cash (their capital gone) they get no fix. And the one who put the money on the table, make the local labours at the port do some good.

• @Razor:

@Krieghund:

So lets say a UK Battleship and a US Battleship is in seazone 37 outside Malaya, wich happens to have a UK port, and both battleships have one damage each. If India belong to Japan, then the UK Battleship can not be repaired, but only the US Battleship can be repaired. I love this rule. If UK is short of cash (their capital gone) they get no fix. And the one who put the money on the table, make the local labours at the port do some good.

Is that right?  Does US get repaired?  It seems like it, judging by Krieg’s answer to my question???

• @Make_It_Round:

Nice rules question, Sgt. Wonko! Hadn’t considered that before…

Thx Round, a long night of looking at the rules revealed that one.

And as for repairing the US BB while India is occupied, it seems to me that it would get repaired. Can’t find anything in the rules that says otherwise.

• A UK NB (w/UK capital captured) can repair a US ship, but not a UK ship, that just sounds weird to me  :?. They either have the parts & man power, or they don’t. This sounds like a glitch that just didn’t come up in testing. Its not like the US took over the base, and brought in their own people and supplies. I could see if you had to pay for repairs (don’t have $), but that’s not the case, repairs are free. I could follow no repairs can be made at UK NB period, while UK capital is captured (unless the base is liberated). This might make sense due to the UK not being able to supply parts, or man power. I don’t follow the pick and choose though.

• Yeah, it seems odd.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m