• So, which one? Japan, US, UK, ANZAC, or even China?

And please don’t pick a nation just because it’s the most powerful, but rather, which one is the most fun.

Personally I think Japan is the most fun, due to the fact that you have to defend against enemies coming from 3 directions at all times. Juggling all this usually means I lose, but I have a lot of fun in the meantime.

Oh, and I am a first time poster!

• I vote ANZAC because they have the smallest income at the start but yet have quite a bit of impact on supporting their Allies.  They have to make all the right moves with what little resources they have and have to get the biggest punch out of them.

• Uhh…. Japan cause a good player is almost guaranteed a victory using an all out J1 attack

• So far America is in the lead. Would anyone who voted for the US care to explain why? I’m somewhat interested, as the US are far from all the action in Asia, and, though they are powerful, they seem kinda boring. I even prefer playing as UK/China combined, which is actually quite fun, just so long as you aren’t up against a expert player who can crush you in just a few turns.

• I voted for America because a.  I really like playing america in all the games b. It takes a lot of thought when considering what to build because you need to try and think a few turns out(the really hard part IMO)  c.  once the US forces arrive in action they can swing the tide of the game.

• Japan, but then again I prefer Japan in every version. Played my first game of 1940 Pacific on Saturday against a buddy (as Japan). Complete annihilation of the allied forces, stopped playing after the entire US fleet was wiped out in an attack on SZ 6 in round 5. Gotta love those two-hit carriers. Due to scramble and Japan’s overwhelming air force, they’re in a dominating position, especially on defense. Next game is in two weeks!

• '10

I think playing the U.S. presents such a challenge. To see if you can stay out of the way of the Japanese leviathan until you are strong enough to be a help to your allies. Of course you cannot wait too long or you will not have any ally to help. If Japan comes after U.S. straight away then that gives the U.K. and ANZAC a chance to breath. If Japan goes after India and the Indies first then that gives the U.S. a chance to build up a sizable navy. Of course I am talking about Japan declaring war on the first round which gives the U.S. a large payday at the end of their first round and from then on. If Japan splits its forces, then of course that will slow them down at the same time the U.S. is taking in big bucks. If Japan is trying to attack everyone at one time, then that means they may not have the numbers to overcome poor dice rolls. It seems to me the best strategy for Japan is to go after one or the other with full force which like I said lets the other have a chance to breath. And if Japan does go after U.S. with only part of its navy, then they run the risk of losing half of their navy real quick as the U.S. can build up fast with that income.@hewhoisnickel:

So far America is in the lead. Would anyone who voted for the US care to explain why? I’m somewhat interested, as the US are far from all the action in Asia, and, though they are powerful, they seem kinda boring. I even prefer playing as UK/China combined, which is actually quite fun, just so long as you aren’t up against a expert player who can crush you in just a few turns.

• I voted for Japan. I just love having 4 enemies attacking from all sides. So fun!

• I like china because if the Japan player makes a mistake or two they spread like a bad rash.

• I play America, that is the land of the free and home of the brave.

What was Japan ? A bunch of war criminal chimps, killing and raping, where is the joy in that ?
    Or UK, the racist surpressing brits, with their empire of slaves and Yorkshirepudding eaters, only equaled by the Aussies. Then we have the little Chinaman, no good in peace nor war, eating rice with cains. No sir, I stick to the Yankees.

• @cressman8064:

Uhh…. Japan cause a good player is almost guaranteed a victory using an all out J1 attack

yeah right
    not without the US

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Clearly inflammatory statements should be ignored. Like no religion or politics at the dinner table.

• @Bube:

I like china because if the Japan player makes a mistake or two they spread like a bad rash.

That is true, surviving as China is one of the most fun things in the game, as you, with the Allies help, can easily push Japan off the mainland. Only problem is the lack of navy/air force, but still, the challenge is fun.

• USA all the way, I have preferred them ever since the original version of the game.  Still love em.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m