Aircraft Range Markers - for all games

• Here’s something I’ve posted over on the Larry Harris site; not sure where else to post but it relates to almost all A&A games:  :wink:

Movement for ground and sea units is easy to keep track of but when there’s an enormous amount of air units at play, it’s often difficult to remember which moved, landed, ran out of fuel, etc.

These Aircraft Range Markers may help some people out on such an occasion; very simple pdf to print on thick cardstock, cut out and use.

Aircraft Range Markers .pdf link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nom2tuykd2z

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow those look nice.

Especially the ones with red.

I can’t wait to use the 0 marker.  I seem to need that one all the time!

• How exactly do you use these aircraft range markers?

Are they individual markers you put with your plane?

The zero mark would have to be a plane at sea with a friendly aircraft carrier to land on, correct?

• '10

How exactly do you use these aircraft range markers?

they are placed under planes to remind you how many spaces it can move after combat

The zero mark would have to be a plane at sea with a friendly aircraft carrier to land on, correct?

correct

Revised actually came with ranger markers.  these are much better

• @johnnymarr:

How exactly do you use these aircraft range markers?

they are placed under planes to remind you how many spaces it can move after combat

correct

Revised actually came with ranger markers.  these are much better

Thank you johnnymarr, you always seem to have the answers. :-)

• @Gargantua:

Wow those look nice.

Especially the ones with red.

I can’t wait to use the 0 marker.  I seem to need that one all the time!

Thanks  :-) Yes, the 0 “fuel” marker comes in handy the odd time and makes for a good reminder to move the carrier into that zone. Larry Harris said he’s now using these in his current game  :-D

Oh, and thanks johnnymarr for providing the answers…

• But when do you use the 8 marker ?

• @Razor:

But when do you use the 8 marker ?

bombers with long range aircraft tech.
    you would use it to show the bomber hasn’t moved yet

• Customizer

@finnman:

@Razor:

But when do you use the 8 marker ?

bombers with long range aircraft tech.
    you would use it to show the bomber hasn’t moved yet

actually you don’t need a marker for aircraft that hasn’t moved yet.

You do need an 8 marker for a bomber starting on an airbase with long range tech in the upcoming AAG40 game. In this case a bomber would have a range of 9 spaces.

• Excellent markers! they will definitely help keep aircraft ranges straight, especially after battle.

• :-D

• I have to admit that at the beginning of the game it is the toughest thing to remember the fighters because of all the locations they start at, but as the game progresses and forces are consolidated it is easier to remember these things, at least IMO.

• Thank you for lining up the markers on equal spacing on the sheet.

This allowed me to glue two sheets (110 lb cardstock) back to back (zeros back to zeros & eights back to eights) using spray adhesive, then cut apart.

Now the Aircraft Range Markers are thicker and numbered the same on each side.  No need to flip a marker over to see what number I need when it is in the pile/dish/container/or compartment.

Thanks again!  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

Very nice.

Thanks

J.  8-)

• Excellent work they are really nice

• '12

Very nice!  I will use these the next time I play.  Not to get off topic in the Europe 1940 forum, but this will be GREAT for Pacific 1940 (tons of plans flying over sea zones)… in my last game of Pacific, keeping up with movement and which plane came from where was one of the biggest obstacles.

Thanks again for posting this.

• This is great, thanks. I don’t know how many times I’ve attacked with a high number of planes and then just “bulk parked” them because I’m too lazy to remember/figure out what they have left in range or even worse a player inadvertently cheats, because range was forgot in the chaos.

• This is awesome! I will SO use these!

• Great! :)

• Nice adition to the game.
    Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m