• I’ve heard answers anywhere from May to August. When is Europe going to be released?

• patience my friend. nothing is settled yet. some say it will come at d-day, some say it will come the date that germany surrendered, and some mean that the game will come when japan gave in… they who wait for something good, doesnt wait in vain. i hope wotc does put enough resources into mapdrawing and rulebook. i dont care about their crappy politics regarding combat units.will buy them elsewhere.

• Alleluia

• @Tralis:

I’ve heard answers anywhere from May to August. When is Europe going to be released?

The back of my Pacific box says july 2010, but now some of the official playtesters says it will propably be august. 5 more months to wait.

• Its definitely 3rd quarter which means July is the earliest.  I have heard the same thing from playtesters in that it will be August 2010.  Yes quite a long wait. :-(

• @questioneer:

Its definitely 3rd quarter which means July is the earliest.  I have heard the same thing from playtesters in that it will be August 2010.  Yes quite a long wait. :-(

Consider this OFFICIAL - got an e-mail from Greg Smorey- AA Tourny director for GenCon- WOTC has confirmed that the date has been pushed back a month.  Other official playtesters have confirmed this as well.

Release date for Europe 1940 is mid August this year.

• Mid august?! jeez thats almost 6 months from now!

• I don’t care if it doesn’t come out until December if that’s what it is going to take to make it right.

• @Brain:

I don’t care if it doesn’t come out until December if that’s what it is going to take to make it right.

Although half of the game (the pacific part) would still be wrong. So unless Europe fixes these Rulebook, map, and pieces problems, then I would still feel incomplete as to the game.

• you can buy the gamepieces at fmg, but the rulebook SHOULD be for a global game and for europe. maperrors will be hard to fix in pacific edition, but they must get europe right the first time. if the chimps at wotc could read, they would have been embarrassed. lucky for them they cant. i hope wotc take their time, but august must be the latest.

• will it be out buy june 5th because I want it for my birth day

• I think they are all done packaging it right?

• @finnman:

will it be out buy june 5th because I want it for my birth day

Now they are saying mid-August, so I guess the answer is no.

• Wizards of the coast

• '10

@questioneer:

@questioneer:

Its definitely 3rd quarter which means July is the earliest.  I have heard the same thing from playtesters in that it will be August 2010.  Yes quite a long wait. :-(

Consider this OFFICIAL - got an e-mail from Greg Smorey- AA Tourny director for GenCon- WOTC has confirmed that the date has been pushed back a month.  Other official playtesters have confirmed this as well.

Release date for Europe 1940 is mid August this year.

• The original release date was June as per larry, Then it got pushed into July/August. Officially their is no established release date. The company has not announced anything because they are worried about not keeping the date they declare, like most of the other releases. Even their incompetence has become an admission at WOTC, so they did this to avoid further embarrassment.

• Official Q&A

@Imperious:

The company has not announced anything because they are worried about not keeping the date they declare, like most of the other releases.

This is a common practice with many publishers these days.  It’s not unique to Avalon Hill.

• @allboxcars:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Wizards of the coast

I didn’t see them say anything about a change in the release date.
    Where did you see it?

It’s Mid-August for sure.

Greg posted this in the e-mail I got and I know some of the playtesters- its confirmed.

Sucks to wait so long.  I was hoping to be able to play this BEFORE the summer was over. :-(

• @Krieghund:

@Imperious:

The company has not announced anything because they are worried about not keeping the date they declare, like most of the other releases.

This is a common practice with many publishers these days.  It’s not unique to Avalon Hill.

So if everybody does it, then it must be okay :|

I still say I’d rather wait a little longer for a better product.

• @i:

you know what i want to see pictures of the map.

what do mean, old black and white war pictures in the corners of the map

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m