• So do you think they will release A&AE40 with just a Europe rulebook and then a small addendum to let us know how to combine the two games, or will they have to sell a separate, all-encompassing rulebook to cover the A&A “Ultimate Edition” rules completely??
    If so how much would you pay for a new fancy-looking rulebook with no mistakes in it?
    I’d pay $5 or so.

Then again they did that with A&A minis and it cost $30. :(

P.S. Of course when I say “A&A Ultimate Edition” I’m referring to the combined A&A Europe 1940 and A&A Pacific 1940 games.
    Prolly saved myself a few dozen questions by stating that.

• Yes. They should definitely include a master rulebook. One that is clear and w/o mistakes. One that doesn’t need even one sentence of “errata”. It’s only what the buyers deserve.

• scuttlebutt is there will be a master rulebook, hopefully it will include the Pacific 40 Eratta too.

• @oztea:

scuttlebutt is there will be a master rulebook, hopefully it will include the Pacific 40 Eratta too.

Hopefully they will have all the bugs worked out before they print another rulebook.

• Official Q&A

There will not be a “master” rulebook.  The Europe rulebook will contain a section on combining the two games.

• So there will not be a section that contains Pacific Errata, or not even some blank pages so that we can include the undoubtable Europe Errata?

• @Krieghund:

There will not be a “master” rulebook.  The Europe rulebook will contain a section on combining the two games.

I guess this way they won’t have to make a master rulebook errata.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Well, if they’re not making a master book, I will!

• @Variable:

Post it here.

@Brain:

@Variable:

Post it here.

Will do! I just finished another project like this. I’m afraid I don’t have any graphics abilities. Maybe IL or Bob can help with that part. But I’d be happy to do the writing.

• Can’t you just scan the graphics from the original rulebook or are you going to need new graphics.

@Brain:

Can’t you just scan the graphics from the original rulebook or are you going to need new graphics.

Not sure how to get just the graphics without the words… I don’t have any graphics editing programs.

If someone wants to make a Word template of the graphics, I can start typing. Like the .doc file of IL’s Great War rules. That would be perfect. We just need something with an A&A or WW2 theme.

• @Variable:

@Brain:

Can’t you just scan the graphics from the original rulebook or are you going to need new graphics.

Not sure how to get just the graphics without the words… I don’t have any graphics editing programs.

If someone wants to make a Word template of the graphics, I can start typing. Like the .doc file of IL’s Great War rules. That would be perfect. We just need something with an A&A or WW2 theme.

Do you have access to a copy machine where you can scan documents to a pdf?

Yes. Is there a blank page in the manual?

• @Variable:

Yes. Is there a blank page in the manual?

There are no blank pages in the Pacific rulebook.
    Somebody else scanned the Pacific Rules here:

http://www.nwglde.org/downloads/AA PAC 40 Rules.pdf

I can’t answer that question for the European rulebook as it is not out yet.

L

I’ll look to see if I have anything with a suitable background. Anyone else have anything I could use?

• @Variable:

I’ll look to see if I have anything with a suitable background. Anyone else have anything I could use?

What exactly are you looking for? I would like to help you in your endeavor, but I am not sure what you need.

Basically, a nice background pic that is suitable to type on top of so the document looks presentable. Very similar to the OOB rules books. If you have IL’s Great War rules you know what I’m talking about. I could then use that as the background for the master book so when you print it, it doesn’t look like a 12 year old’s home work assignment, but something everyone will want to keep. You know, professional looking.

• @Variable:

Basically, a nice background pic that is suitable to type on top of so the document looks presentable. Very similar to the OOB rules books. If you have IL’s Great War rules you know what I’m talking about. I could then use that as the background for the master book so when you print it, it doesn’t look like a 12 year old’s home work assignment, but something everyone will want to keep. You know, professional looking.

I am pretty sure I know what you mean, but just in case, do you know the link to IL’s Great War rules? I remember seeing it, but I don’t remember where.

• Okay I found IL’s Great War rules. I am posting the link so others can see what you are looking for. Maybe you could get IL himself to help you since his rulebook is beautifully done and definitely above my graphics knowledge.
    Here is the link to IL’s Great War rules:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ttny4vzydyl

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m