Extra new-style A&A chips available in Warlords of Europe

• Just some info someone might find useful - the new game Warlords of Europe comes with 100 gray chips and 15 black ones.  They are slightly thicker than the A&A 42 and Pac 40 chips - but they DO STACK.  The Warlords gray is ever-so-slightly greener than the A&A gray.

(Moderator - please move this if you think it should not be here.)

• This looks like a great game! Was just checking it out at BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/46323/warlords-of-europe

However, there are several places online you can purchase mini poker chips from for a lot less than a new game. I actually found some once being sold by a charity that were in multiple colors and were compatible with A&A chips. Sadly they no longer sell them (knew I shoulda bought two bags worth!).

Though I’m not sure why anyone would want to use the chips that come with A&A games, let alone to use those from another game.  :?

• I am certainly not suggesting to buy another game JUST for the chips.  But if someone happens to have both, the chips are interchangeable.  In some long A&A games, more chips might be handy.  You could also use the Warlords black chips as 10s or to mean something else.

Of course, it might be more trouble than it is worth to sort them or whatever.  I know some gamers combine game parts from different games into a big “pool” of game equipment.  I usually keep games and their parts separated, so it will take a bit of extra effort to dig out two games to play just one game but wanting extra chips.

Anyway, it was just an FYI.

• I can verify that Koplow 7/8" mini-poker chips (sold in tubes of 50, various colors) stack perfectly with newer A&A chips (Anniversary and Pacific 1940).

• @Texas:

I am certainly not suggesting to buy another game JUST for the chips.  But if someone happens to have both, the chips are interchangeable.  In some long A&A games, more chips might be handy.  You could also use the Warlords black chips as 10s or to mean something else.

Multicolored mini poker chips rock. I use the crap out of them in my own game designs. In Pacific I use orange and yellow chips to indicate damage on installations. I match colors with counters in A&A minis land and naval to use as backings for the micron thin counters, or just by color in very large battles when I run out of counters.

@Texas:

Of course, it might be more trouble than it is worth to sort them or whatever.  I know some gamers combine game parts from different games into a big “pool” of game equipment.  I usually keep games and their parts separated, so it will take a bit of extra effort to dig out two games to play just one game but wanting extra chips.

Back in the day a friend of mine had a bad habit of “pooling” game equipment. He had a huge collection (thousands) of the airfix/revell 1/72 world war 2 soldiers all mixed together in a freaking tackle box. Most unpainted. It took hours to sort through them when we wanted to table top battle or “enhance” the original A&A. Not a fan of pooling.

@Texas:

Anyway, it was just an FYI.

Thank you for adding another board game to my want list…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m