• I didn’t wanted to make a new topic, but I think i didnt have any choice since this hasnt shown up before.

I played P40 last weekend and I have to say I enjoyed it pretty much, played it till 06:00 ^_^

but we came across a problem:

If Japan is not at war with anybody (lets say starting round 1 and Japan has only been building up), is USA allowed to take over the DEI without starting a war ?
    I know UK/Anzac are allowed to take over the DEI (without considering this as an act of war), but can you take over the DEI as USA ? (lets say from the Phi)

please be easy on me, since this is my first post :)

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Tommietomaat!  I’m glad you enjoyed the game.

The US may only take control of Dutch territories by recapturing them from Japan.  In addition, the US may not move units into territories owned by other powers (including Dutch ones) unless it is at war.

• Wow, I got my question answered by the great Krieghund himself.
    Thanks for the clear answer.

Now I know my matey was cheating  :evil:

• Also, notice that the US cannot declare war on its own until the beginning of the collect income phase of its third turn.  Until then, it can only be brought into the war by a declaration of war against it from Japan (this includes an unprovoked declaration of war by Japan against UK or ANZAC).

• @Krieghund:

The US may only take control of Dutch territories by recapturing them from Japan.

Wait, I thought that the U.S. only has to be at war with Japan for them to take the DEI, not that they could only take them from Japan. So if it’s like round 10 and the dutch still control all of the DEI (in theory) the U.S. still can’t take them over even though they’re at war?

• Official Q&A

That’s right.  The US can move units there once its at war, but it can’t take control of them except by force from Japan.  Only UK/ANZAC can take control of them peacefully.

• If the US does take the DEI from Japan legally as per the rules, do they get the IPC’s and control of the territory, or is it “liberated” and it goes back to whichever of the two (UK or ANZAC) controlled it first? Or maybe even back to the Dutch? I know the last one is extremely far fetched, but I wanna be comprehensive.

• @ZehKaiser:

If the US does take the DEI from Japan legally as per the rules, do they get the IPC’s and control of the territory, or is it “liberated” and it goes back to whichever of the two (UK or ANZAC) controlled it first? Or maybe even back to the Dutch? I know the last one is extremely far fetched, but I wanna be comprehensive.

They get control (and thus collect the income)… hence Kreig’s use of the word “control”. :wink:

• @Stoney229:

They get control (and thus collect the income)… hence Kreig’s use of the word “control”. :wink:

Great point, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the answer.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m