• '19 Moderator

In years past I spent many hours devising strategies to baffle and bewilder my enemies. I generally use them one and put them on a shelf. It’s no fun if it’s not a surprise any more. Besides before I display a new brilliant strategy I develop a just as brilliant counter. I love to see a friend try to use a strat on me that I developed.

At any rate, since you asked about it here is the “Sinkiang Speed Bump” strat that I posted long long ago.

R1:
    Move 2 Inf in EVE > NOV
    Land 2 Ftrs in SIN
    Move 2Inf SFE > YAK
    Move 1Arm SFE > NOV
    Move 2 Inf MOS > NOV

B1:
    Move 2 Inf and 1Ftr IND > SIN
    Land 2 Ftr and 1Bmb in MOS
    Pick up Inf in SYR and Drop in IND

A1:
    There is a chance that Japan won’t attack China on the first round.
    If they took the Bait in SFE, and if they are worried about a counter out of SIN.

If they don’t hit CHI Move 1 Inf and 1 Ftr to SIN

If they took it don’t worry all is not lost. J

Use your fighters in USA to defend Brit Carrier
    Move your Bmb to MOS

Buy :
    1 IC, 1 Ftr and 3 Inf
    Place IC in SIN
    And the rest in WUS

R2:
    Move 4 Inf in NOV > SIN

B2:
    If Japan took China Strafe with 3Ftrs, 1Bmb and 2 Inf
    If you take it it’s ok.

Land all air in SIN.

It is Now J2, there is most likely 4Inf ,2Ftr(Rus) 3Ftr,1Bmb(brit) and at least 2 Inf (US)
    Total = 6Inf 5Ftr and 1Bmb in Sinkiang
    Japan is also in no position to take it.
    A2:
    Buy 1 Ftr 1 Bmb and 1AA (If you lost more than 4 Ipc in the strat bomb then replace the Bmb with a Ftr)
    Fly 1 Ftr from NOR sz to Mos ( or KAR)
    Fly 1 Ftr from WUS to NOR sz

Place Ftr and AA in SIN

Now is when the fun starts. As the US build 2 Ftrs a turn in SIN and dare the Japs to come and get you.

Of course I do have a counter for this but I’ll see what you all have to say first.

• well if I used my normal Japan strat. i’d be screwed so I’d probably take on a aggressive-defesive stance because now russia is screwed because of germany thus iit becomes a race, if the allies can take japan before germany takes russia

• Am I imagining things or did you leave both India and SFE unguarded :o

This looks like a KJF strategy, with the US pumping 24 IPCs min per turn to the effort.

The Japanese advantage to exploit here is that the Allied forces on Sinkaing are from all 3 players. Together they are strong on defense, but on offense they stink because they have to attack separately.

Japan needs to play conservatively, and Germany needs to press Russia hard. Sending the Jap airforce to Europe to back German advances and sink Allied ships might be a good option.

I would build a JAP IC in KWA on turn 1 to pump out 3 ARM per turn. With 2-4 inf from the mainland a turn a steady pipeline can be aimed at Sinkaing.

China will be taken on turn 1 to Kill the US Ftr (Always!)

Other infantry will pressure Russia towards Yakut.

JAP and Germany will strat bomb the IC in SIN forcing the US player to suck up the damage or waste a build slot on an AA gun.

Early attacks on Alaska and German forces pushing from Egypt through Persia for a 1 to punch on Sinkaing will prove beneficial.

Sorry for the rambling. Glad to be bac after so long and see the site is still going strong.

Cheers

• '19 Moderator

I don’t use this as a Jap first strat.

Like you said the combined forces have little offenceive power.

I moved 1 Inf via transport from Syria to India.

After the initial commitment Britian con centrates on getting troops into Karelia and/or Africa. and after America gets 4 or 5 fighters into Sink they can start putting inf. there and go back to a european offencive.

Like I said this is a speed bump designed to slow down Japan so that Russia has a few more turns of Infantry pumping, and it only works once.

If I see britain abandon India I attack with everything that will reach into China, 7 Inf, and I bring two infantry in to Burma from Philippenes and 2 more from Japan. I completely ignore India and SFE.

I build an Ic on Burma turn 1 and start cranking 3 armor per turn.

I can usualy get through on turn 4 and then I have an IC 1 territorry away from Moscow. :)

• An IC on Sinkang sucks! An IC on India is better, but if you decide to build a SK IC, you must play aggresive to keep the Japs at base…

Buy one fighter and 1 tank each round and you might delay the japs a bit…

• @Bashir:

An IC on Sinkang sucks! An IC on India is better, but if you decide to build a SK IC, you must play aggresive to keep the Japs at base…

Buy one fighter and 1 tank each round and you might delay the japs a bit…

it may suck, but its an interesting idea. Esp if combined with the Ind IC.
    And i’d go with maybe alternating inf and ftrs, with back up from my UK and RUS allies . . . .

• I have tried to build an IC on India and SK. It was a total fiasco. Because the Germans had no real threat from the west side and could control africa for a few turns and the Russian defense is too fragile without support from America and England…

So an IC on India is the best option.

• @cystic:

And i’d go with maybe alternating inf and ftrs, with back up from my UK and RUS allies . . .

cc, Explain the “alternating inf and ftrs” part, please!

• '19 Moderator

for builds in the IC

• @El:

@cystic:

And i’d go with maybe alternating inf and ftrs, with back up from my UK and RUS allies . . .

cc, Explain the “alternating inf and ftrs” part, please!

well,
    one turn i might build 2 inf, 1 ftr,
    or 3 inf, next turn 2 ftrs 1 inf, then 3 inf
    etc.
    it depends on the long term planning/picture etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m