• I looking around for quotes from Gernal Patton and he had a lot of good ones, but the problem is that a lot of them have **** or *** or b****. So i asking TG or TM or EmuGod or whoever runs this site, am i allow to put my sig with one of patton quotes??? (eg: Don’t be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonof a bitch die for his.)

i don’t want to get ban for having a sig like that?

thz!

• No, not at all. Just a long as it’s not gratuitous or aimed at any direct person [on these forums]. But to be honest, I already like the quote you have.

BTW, oddly enough, there are many good Patton quotes than don’t have profanity. Strange, isn’t it. :wink:

• thz TG moses. i think i kepting the sig i have

• @harry456:

I looking around for quotes from Gernal Patton and he had a lot of good ones, but the problem is that a lot of them have **** or *** or b****. So i asking TG or TM or EmuGod or whoever runs this site, am i allow to put my sig with one of patton quotes??? (eg: Don’t be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonof a bitch die for his.)

i don’t want to get ban for having a sig like that?

thz!

of course America did not lose the war of 1812 so much as they just didn’t win it :)

• Well overall, I would have that the US “marginally” the War of 1812 in terms of the resulting treaties (end of impressment, shipping rights, ect). From a nationalist point of view, we did win it, as many call it the “Second War of Independence” and it ushered a new era of patriotism (up until now, America was mainly sectionalist). And from a military point of view (in terms of battles won, causalities and material damage inflicted, loss of lives), we also come out on top. So overall (even though it was technically a draw), I think we came out of top. The Battle of New Orleans serves to enhance that.

• Yeah,
    I seem to recall haring something about a unified feeling during/after the war. It came out in the way we referred to ourselves as The United States of America. I cannot recall how we referred to ourselves before that. Probably, ‘Virginia and the other states’, or ‘the states’ is one way.
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Input, please! - Xi

• America entered the war as one country and came out as one nation.

‘The war has proved . . . that our free Government, like other free Governments, though slow in its early movements, acquires, in its progress, a force proportioned to its freedom . . .’

~ James Madison, State of the Union, 1813

• Weird.
    America entered the war to invade and take over Canada (of course impressment etc. helped to light a fire under the less-warhawkish in gov’t).
    Instead of a successful invasion their troops were pushed back deeply into US territory, with much of the US occupied by British and Canadian troops.
    Trust Americans to spin the other war that they lost into a victory.

• Nah, it was the warhawks who wanted to take over Canada (though we did take the all important Great Lakes), I was mainly in it for the shipping rights.

• No, that was the excuse to invade. America wanted to try and accomplish its “Manifest Destiny”. Why do you think they called it the “Continental Congress”? Tyhey were hoping to take the entire continent, but they failed. Foolish Americans. They say you guys have an average sttention span of 30 seconds.

• Nah, our attention span is probably shorter than that. I know some people wanted the entire continent, but I’m lucky that we even have the Western United States! :)

• Hey, my attention span is . . .

. . . What were we talking about? :-?

@TG:

. . . I was mainly in it for the shipping rights.

What’s this?

@TG:

. . . I’m lucky that we even have the Western United States!.

Doan worry, mana! Su hijos(if you have any)will probably be speakin’ Espanol(sorry, no tilda[sp?])as a first language. :o
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hola, amigos! Que tal? Como esta? -Xi (I ain’t fluent, though.) :)

• American, first lanuage! :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m