The greatest tournament of all time.

• Given the number of Canadians that have joined the forums, i am proposing a A&A.org tournament. Both nations will have a tournament to choose the best players to represent their respective nations. Then there will be a tournament in Mexico pitting the Americans vs. The Canadians - best-of-5 games/rotating countries format.
    Following this, the best North Americans may meet the best Europeans in, say, Fiji, to play for the CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD!!!

this wasn’t a serious post. you can all ignore this. its’ raining outside, and i can’t sit by the pool or at the beach today. it all sucks so much . . . . :evil:

• Hahahaha well when you’re serious about it, I’m in. :wink:

• It would be the “World Cup” of Axis and Allies. I can make the trophy. There’s bound to be some cheap aluminum somewhere :P

• What if we’re not actually Canadian? Can I represent my nation myself?

• that’s the beauty of Canada.
    no one here is really “Canadian” - 'cept for some 12th generation-or-whatever people in Ontario and the Maritimes. The rest of us tend to be identified by ethnic group first, then as Canadian.
    To keep things simple, we’ll say that if you’re a landed immigrant or citizen, then you play for the Canadians, if not, or if you choose to identify with another country (Quebec, for example), then you are welcome to play for them (but not in the Canada-US game)
    :D

• No real Canadians? What do you call youself then? Well you just about sucked the fun out of eveything. No more, “You might be a Canadian if you…” jokes? :wink:

• @cystic:

that’s the beauty of Canada.
    no one here is really “Canadian” - 'cept for some 12th generation-or-whatever people in Ontario and the Maritimes. The rest of us tend to be identified by ethnic group first, then as Canadian.
    To keep things simple, we’ll say that if you’re a landed immigrant or citizen, then you play for the Canadians, if not, or if you choose to identify with another country (Quebec, for example), then you are welcome to play for them (but not in the Canada-US game)
    :D

When you live in Canada the only 2 things you can be are either a landed immigrant or citizen unless you are a refugee or an illegal immigrant.

• Keep me updated!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m