• I have always wondered what it would be like if russia was in axis and allies pacific.I know they wern’t in the war in december 1941 and Iknow that they had a non agression pact with japan but I still think it would be amazing to have Russia as a neutral country that could choose sides.It may seem ridiculious but i think it would be cool

• GC, whatcha tryyn ta do? Change da korse ov hisstery? I find myself amazingly cool toward the ridiculous idea of Soviet non-aggression.
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    “Ÿash pappu tini schnikit!” - an old Siberian curse involving your mother, a male wolf, and anatomically impossible exercises

• Problem is, to balance the game, you’d have to power up Japan to a very unrealistic level.

• How about you take away Victory Points and capturing only one Allied Capital (now you have to conquer 2) to win the game from Japan in return for Russia entering the war on the side of Japan? This way you can have a 2 on 2 game, instead of 2 on 1. However, the problem is that Russia really doesn’t have any territories to place or any real IPC count.

• Yeah, and where would you put the Russian pieces? Just doesn’t make sense to me. Russia really wasn’t a part of the Pacific war, they belong in Europe.

• I know. If there were enough Russian territories, then maybe you could make a good statement for Russia being in the war. For pieces I could use Russian pieces from A&A. But as it stands, there isn’t any Russian territories available for operations. You might be able to partition pieces of China if that helps.

• Hmm, maybe give Russia a small Navy?

• A small navy would be nice. But I think land forces to battle it out with the Chinese would be nice. Who knows, is anybody working on a conversion of A&A: Pacific were both sides are balanced? Normally I’m against “game balancing” at the cost of historical accuracy, but compare the incomes of Japan and USA, and you’ll see something is wrong.

• How about you put the Two boards (AAE and AAP) and make Siberia and the Russia in Pacific connect?

• Ha, you mean the super board conversion with AA:E and AA:P? That is definitely a possibility. With careful game modifications (I’m not even going to start with USA’s starting income) I can see this happening. I fact I do think someone did make rules for joining the two games.

• Avalon Hill is busy creating a Link Up Kit for both.

• You mean they’re actually doing a computer game version of both? I heard, that Avon Hill (Hasbro) announced that they we going to release a Computer version of A&A with A&A:E and P. It was suppose to fix the “AI,” glitches, bugs, more options, along with a better unit/scenario editor. Ever since then, mums been the word. So I’m not sure if the cancelled it or placed it on hiatus.

• No, not a Computer Game, a way to combine both Board Games, basically to form a World Game, just on a huge scale.

• Oh. Well, I guess things are still in the dark :sad:

Anyways, if you’re looking for a way to combine both games try this http://www.wargamer.com/axisandallies/europe/AAE-AAP-combined/aae-aap_combined_MAIN.html

I haven’t tried any of their special combinations so I can’t say if they’re any good or not. Maybe someone can give it a test drive and report any results. :smile:

• I always liked Thrasher’s sight.

• Yeah, his and this website are the only two Axis and Allies sites that I bookmark. I can’t believe he use to be a member of the forums here! I would like to speak and go over game strats with a man of such high caliber.

• Avalon hill wont make any computer games, any new rules, any new ANYTHING. Avalon hill doesent even own A&A anymore
    Wizards of the coast does. all wizards of the coast is good for is making silly little card games. And the linking rules were ABANDONED!!!

• Those rules are only early playtest rules and were never made official by AH.

• Is Avon Hill still a company anymore? Or did they close buisness completely? They made some really great games, and I really looking for Axis and Allies II.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m