Replacements for cardboard counters in the 1940's series

• Customizer

One of my biggest complaints about the new A&A is its lack of plastic pieces for industrial complexes, AA guns, air bases, and naval bases. While it’s easy to replace major industrial complexes and AA guns with parts from earlier versions of the game, I’m currently either searching for replacement miniatures from other war games or thinking about sculpting my own parts.

Does anyone have any suggestions that fit the scale of common A&A pieces? I’m painting my set so the base color of the new pieces doesn’t matter. My first thought was a Monopoly house or hotel for the minor industrial complex, but I’m still stumped for the air and naval bases.

If I did end up sculpting these new pieces myself what shape do you think would be fitting (something somewhat abstract similar to the industrial complex)? Would anyone be interested in some for themselves?

• Good idea regarding monopoly houses; just paint them the same grey as the classic complexes, which I’d rather see in the new games. What’s wrong with the new design? A quick strategic glance at a crowded board and I can’t see them.

As for the current flat naval and air bases, I actually like the idea of physically placing/parking the units on them; though, I do find them a tad too small. I’d be interested in what you come up with…

• FMG is already making replacements for the WOTC cardboard debacle.

• Going with the Monoply Idea, the pieces in Monoply City are great - - - you can use the 2 Indstrial unit peice is a great stand in.

• Customizer

@Brain:

FMG is already making replacements for the WOTC cardboard debacle.

Sweet!

• @allworkandnoclay:

@Brain:

Sweet!

I can’t wait to see what FMG does with these.

• TripleA '12

I’m using the little green monopoly houses for my minor ICs (I’m making an advanced A&A Europe game) and I’ve painted them fortress grey. I must say they look good.

• @Lozmoid:

I’m using the little green monopoly houses for my minor ICs (I’m making an advanced A&A Europe game) and I’ve painted them fortress grey. I must say they look good.

For some reason my mind just keeps seeing Monopoly houses. Maybe you could post some pictures.

• I bought the star wars monoply and it has small red squares with x-wing fighter that i use as air and a blue box with atie fighter that i use for naval. They are same size as the cardboard counters but mayby a have in. or less tall

• @Brain:

Who/what is “FMG?”  A google search only turned up a graphic design company.

• @Bluecoat1861:

Going with the Monoply Idea, the pieces in Monoply City are great - - - you can use the 2 Indstrial unit peice is a great stand in.

Just checked these out on boardgamegeek; wow, they seem pretty good but are they smaller (to use as minor IC) or the same as the A&A ones?

• @Dr.:

@Brain:

Who/what is “FMG?”  A google search only turned up a graphic design company.

Field Marshal Games.  Check out the Variants forum here.

• Their advertisements are on the right side, and bottom of the webpage here too

• @Dr.:

@Brain:

Who/what is “FMG?”  A google search only turned up a graphic design company.

Here is their website:

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/

However their pieces that they are developing can only be found here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13894.0

• @allworkandnoclay:

Does anyone have any suggestions that fit the scale of common A&A pieces? I’m painting my set so the base color of the new pieces doesn’t matter. My first thought was a Monopoly house or hotel for the minor industrial complex, but I’m still stumped for the air and naval bases.

Currently we are using the gray IC pieces from revised for the minor ICs and the white ones from Classic for the Majors.  This matches up with already using the gray chips for 1’s and the white chips for 2’s.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Here is my solution using bits from the older games. I used paint for mine since I painted the whole thing but I bet a Sharpie would work too if you don’t have the time to paint.

• Customizer

@Brain:

@Dr.:

@Brain:

Who/what is “FMG?”  A google search only turned up a graphic design company.

Here is their website:

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/

However their pieces that they are developing can only be found here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13894.0

I didn’t see anywhere in that forum where it mentioned new ICs or bases… Also no tactical bombers - Mostly stuff for AAA and AA50.

I’m still going to get it of course.

Variable: That’s what I was thinking about doing, but I’d rather have completely different pieces (just doesn’t look right for me).

• @allworkandnoclay:

I didn’t see anywhere in that forum where it mentioned new ICs or bases… Also no tactical bombers - Mostly stuff for AAA and AA50.

Here is where FMG stated it:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16786.750

• '10

@Brain:

@allworkandnoclay:

Here is where FMG stated it:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16786.750

We are making ICs, Airbases and Naval Bases.  In addition to others….

• Nice!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m