• a newbe who just want to take the pulse of you guys around here …

• if your choice is A&A original but all twisted up whit your own houese rules, tell me more about it

• '19 Moderator

I prefer world at war, but in my group we have modified the rules as most groups do. I even slightly modified the map.

• hey dezrtfish,

can you tell me about your map modifications and your house rules for W@W, that should help another newbe :lol:

• '19 Moderator

First off, I got a hold of a large bmp file of the map. I eliminated the window boxes on the edge of the map. Then I moved the border between the western med and the atlantic ocean to the straits of gibralter. I modified the borders of the sea zones in the Dardinelles (sp) near constantinople, to make that another striat. I also made a modification to the sea zones on the north west coast of australia. Before you could land in any territoy of Australia form the north east sz and that didn’t seem right.

The map mods were primarily due to our in house clarification to the canal rules. We require a nation or its allies to own a canal in the begining of its turn to use Panama, Suez and the Dardinelles. We also require a nation to own at least one side of the straits of Gibralter to sail serface ships through, subs are able to pass.

We added an air transport unit, which can be used to transport or para drop infantry. It has a 0 atack and a 1 defence with a movement of 6 and a cost of 8.

I have totaly revised the tech rules because we all thought the W@W tech rules sucked. I came up with 24 techs in 4 catigories. you can direct research in to one of the catigories. The catigories are air, land, sea and industrial. I wil see if I can find my tech rules and post them here.

We have also made some modifications to the victory conditions. Does not surender if thier home land is captured, they are severly handicaped though, until they recapture thier home island.

We generaly modify the rules when ever we come to a situation in the rules that we think need to be changed, so our rules change from month to month.

• thanx man :)

That would be great if you’ll share your tech rules with us :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m