• I’ve been happy with AA spring 1942 but i really want to get AAP40. I have been hearing about all the map errors and rule book changes and lack of tactical bombers. I don’t know anything about how this game is produced/printed but will the game ever be printed with corrections? Or will any version on the shelfs over the next years still have these issues? I am willing to wait.
    -Thanks

• @cressman8064:

I’ve been happy with AA spring 1942 but i really want to get AAP40. I have been hearing about all the map errors and rule book changes and lack of tactical bombers. I don’t know anything about how this game is produced/printed but will the game ever be printed with corrections? Or will any version on the shelfs over the next years still have these issues? I am willing to wait.
    -Thanks

I sent you a message about mine for sale for $60 with the additional things printed and laminated from the forums on this site.

• @cressman8064:

I’ve been happy with AA spring 1942 but i really want to get AAP40. I have been hearing about all the map errors and rule book changes and lack of tactical bombers. I don’t know anything about how this game is produced/printed but will the game ever be printed with corrections? Or will any version on the shelfs over the next years still have these issues? I am willing to wait.
    -Thanks

Versions on the shelf will probably share errors over the span of printing.  I don’t believe they will update errors on the map (though I could be wrong).  Rule ommissions and errors will likely be addressed only in the published Errata and FAQ online.  However, all rule updates from AAEP 1940 that affect AAE1940 will probably be corrected in the Europe rulebook.

The battleboard has been updated and is available through WOTC by sending in the incorrect board.  They will also send an additional 6 tactical bombers for Japan.  If you eventually combine with AAE1940, it is then likely that any deficiencies in units will be remedied, as UK and US units will be likely more than doubled.  Of course, whether German, Italian and Russian units are in high enough quantity remains to be seen.

Until a new version is printed ala Revised, it’s unlikely that you will ever see AAP1940 without errors.

• Its worth getting cause when AAE40 comes out you will want both to play the combined game.  Also the introduction of new rules and units (convoys, declaration of war, air base, naval base, tactical bomber, mechanized infantry) make the game far more enjoyable and adds more depth and breadth to the series, further setting it apart from other board games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m