Question on placing newly purchased Air/Naval Bases

• Can a player purchase a base and place it in/on an allies’ territory?  The rule simply state on page 22, under Unit Profiles, Industrial Complexes and Bases (Facilities), “Air bases can be built on any controlled territory or island.  Naval bases can be built on territories with a coastline and on any island.”.  This is vague and doesn’t specify; controlled by allies or controlled by the player.  I can only assume the territory must be controlled by the player and not an ally, but since I can’t find it anywhere all I can do is assume.  I thought I would find something on page 20 under, Phase 5: Mobilize New Units, Restrictions on Placement, however, bases are not even mentioned.  Here’s my example: (1) As the US player (already at war), can I place an air base on UK’s Gilbert Islands or Fiji.  And if not, (2) can I, if the UK’s capital is captured?  I also looked though the Errata and on this forum and cannot find clarification on this anywhere, hope I’m not asking something that has been beat to the ground already.

• Customizer

When they say “bases can be built on any controlled territory”, they mean controlled by whoever is doing the building.  You may not build bases or IC’s on allied territories, only your own.

• @bcguitars:

When they say “bases can be built on any controlled territory”, they mean controlled by whoever is doing the building.  You may not build bases or IC’s on allied territories, only your own.

exactly also if you controll all 3 allies country you have to threat em separately you cannot build an air base with american in a british territory.

:lol:

• When placing an airbase does a player have to have control of the territory from the beginning of the turn or can the player capture the territory and then place it. What about the British/ANZAC entering a dutch territory on its non combat move. Would that situation be different?  Would the British/ANZAC player be allowed to build the air/naval base on the same turn as the dutch territories are friendly?

• Official Q&A

The territory must have been controlled (not just friendly) at the beginning of the turn.

• In case of an allies capital being captured: (Correct me if I’m wrong)
    Say The Gilbert Isles are in Jap hands, along with India (UK capital). If the US liberates Gilbert, then on the US next turn (If India has not been liberated) the US can place an AB/NB there. Gilbert would (temporarily) belong to the US. If India (UK capital) is liberated, Gilbert and its new base would go back to UK. It would be the same for tt that are eligible for IC’s (say Kwangtung).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m