• Got sucked into it a year or two ago when Dark Age of Camelot sunk to the bottom of the Laurentine(sic) Abyss. I have enjoyed the game emmensely and they devs did a pretty good job sticking to the lore for the main story and a lot of little side stories. The graphics are just plain gorgeous. The game relies heavily on grouping, you can play music in game (people actually have their own bands) and there is just a ton of different stuff to do. The only weakness is PvP which seems to have been added as an afterthought, I only do that when I have the kids in bed and my usual buddies are already in bed.

My favorite areas of the game are the Lonelands(foothill country between Bree and Rivendell), Eregoin(spelling) mountain country south of Rivendell and the Trollshaws, and Evendim with a massive lake and the ancient city of kings Annuminas. I don’t like Angmar too much because Orcs and assorted bad guys don’t like pretty areas. They tend to burn and kill all the trees and put up smelly camps and forts everywhere.

• I don’t play many online games but MiddleEarth is an online world that I could easily get consumed by.

• Yeah- the game itself almost has the power of the one ring :P. I get a kick out of people who haven’t read the books and then come play the game. It is just seems like everyone in the game should know who Glorfindel(sic) is.

Another thing that appealed to me was the group of people I play with, very family orientated with no bombs on the Vent server. I haven’t found to many other folks like that elsewhere.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m