• Did a search, and I surprisingly didn’t find any topics on this yet.

Does anyone else play WoW?

I’m a Level 71 Male Dwarf Retribution Paladin on Azuremyst.

• Blizzard Entertainment is the best developer of games by far and I have enjoyed Warcraft II and III, but WoW…
    I played a 10 day free trial a friend gave me, and it seemed a very slow paced and even mindless games.
    The more I though about the expeirence I realized that due to a MMORPGs continuity they have to be mindless, because if they required skill then the rich would just get richer and the poor, poorer;

But then again I only played for a week, so maybe it gets more exciting when you reach higher levels. I was an Orc Shaman I believe.

I prefer the intensity of games like Starcraft that get your heart pumping! And although I am the first to admit that I am a poor Starcraft player, and often loose, the times that i do win I feel a great sence of a accomplishment.

• I definitely agree. MMORPG’s can definitely get to be mindless repetition. If you loved Warcraft II and III, I think that if you played a bit more, got past level 20, and immersed yourself in the world, especially the lore, you’d love it.

End-game can be more intense than any other genre of game. Nothing beats working with 24 other people in a multi-hour attempt of clearing a dungeon of dragons, undead, demons, elementals, and other such beasties of evil origin and intention.

• I tired WoW for awhile. I used to play Dark Age of Camelot but that game was run into the ground and my guild mostly moved to WOW. I just did not like wow at all. Lord of the Rings came out about this time and I got sucked into that and enjoy it immensely.

The main reason I didn’t like wow is it felt too shallow and the graphics were too “cartoony” for my taste. It lacked a very interesting epic storyline (which is what drew me into DAoC and LOTRO). WoW also seemed to have a very large portion of immaturity amongst the players for my taste.

• You like lore? Roll in an RP realm, and join a heavy-RP guild. They’ll show you plenty of story-lines. Get into the Outlands and into Northrend, and it’s just one big story-line with a bunch of side steps.

• I gave WoW the free trial duration to hook me. They failed.

The only MMOs i have looked at since starting Lotro - Star Wars The Old Republic- That looks friggin awesome, and Star Trek Online which I will wait until they put a free trial out. I keep hearing mixed things about it. Everything else I have seen didn’t seem all that great (Warhammer, Age Conan, and others). I have heard a Harry Potter MMO is in the works and I plan to pass on that one.

Also heard something about a Wheel of Time MMO but those folks have to be dreaming….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m