• Hey everybody

I just got AAP40 for Christmas, marking my second version of the game after Revised, and I have been spending a lot of time on these forums as a result. After scanning everything and finding out about misprints and rushed production of the game and all, I have a few questions. Where can I find a complete list of everything that was misprinted on the board and setup boxes? What email address do I need to use to contact WotC for a replacement of the battle strip? Where can I find a list of commonly used acronyms for stuff in the game? Randomly, what is the current consensus on the balance of the game? Earlier I read that Japan’s airforce was so overpowered that it was nearly impossible to beat them. Is that still considered the case?

Finally, I’d just like to say that this is such a cool group of gamers. I love the game and I love how much time people are investing in it to make it better for the rest of us who aren’t experts. This really feels like a community of people who respect each others ideas, which is why I feel so comfortable posting this as a newer player. Also, please let me know if I do anything that would be considered “socially unacceptable” on the forums.

Kudos to all and thanks
    Sorry if I’m an idiot

• Welcome, McMan!  I also appreciate this forum, and hope I can help you out a bit, per my understanding of the answers to your questions.

@McMan:

Where can I find a complete list of everything that was misprinted on the board and setup boxes?

This official Errata/FAQ-in-progress contains all changes to the board, setup, and rules/rulebook.  It is created by the development team, but is pending finalization (and thus is not yet “OFFICIAL” for publication by the publishing company).  It will always be one of the top posts on this board, so you will have easy access.  It is still subject to change/be added to.

@McMan:

What email address do I need to use to contact WotC for a replacement of the battle strip?

I believe the email address is this: wizardscusthelp@wizards.com

@McMan:

Where can I find a list of commonly used acronyms for stuff in the game?

Try this, and ask if there’s anything specific that is missing.

@McMan:

what is the current consensus on the balance of the game?

According to the latest poll, it’s almost perfectly balanced, although it seems to me that a Japanese-favored imbalance is spoken of more frequently on the forums.  It’s still too early to tell, IMHO.

@McMan:

Also, please let me know if I do anything that would be considered “socially unacceptable” on the forums.

Spending 3 hours a day smiting everyone would be considered “socially unacceptable”.  It will result in the Karma system being removed.  Oh wait, that just happened already.

Glad you enjoy the forums, as do I.  If your ever looking for a game, lots of people enjoy playing right on this forum, which has a great dice simulator, in conjunction with the ABattlemap program, which is basically a board & pieces simulator.  Read more about ABattlemap, and download it and previous modules (they are like plug-ins for specific games) here.  Download and/or read about the latest (not final) module for Pacific 1940 [urlhttp://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16253.0]here.  Important note: there should be a new update of ABattlemap coming out soon, with an updated Pac40 module to follow.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post or use the “Search field” in the top right of any forum and you will likely find answers to your questions.  “Krieghund” is the official answer guy, so when you see his response to a question you can know that is/was the official answer at the time of his posting.

• Thanks Stoney

The people like you make this site a great community.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m