• A major sticking point among my friends in playing Axis and Allies is the wait time between turns. In Pacific1940 the allies go directly after Japan, one after another. I would love a house rule allowing for one, combined allied move, perhaps with only combat being resolved separately. This would deny can openers, but also allow easier visualization of strategy for the allies. Of course, something could be done for Japan for balance. It just seems like an interesting idea.

• IIRC there was an optional rule in…Revised?..that would allow a combined Allied attack, one time only in the game.

but I don’t think it could work very well in P40. It would make it too hard for the Japanese to have all of a sudden all non-orange units on the board attack at the same time. I couldn’t think of any way to give Japan a similar, balancing benefit.

• @xzorn:

A major sticking point among my friends in playing Axis and Allies is the wait time between turns.

What about having a combined purchase phase for all players?
    And use markers for each IC (like fleet markers) to position purchases awaiting placement.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m