• I was thinking with the size of the new global 1940 game if anyone thought of using the set up cards from AA50 to use on the new boards for 1941 and 1942 scenarios?

• I think I will wait for the global setup that they release with the europe edition, then rip it apart for being unbalanced.  :)

• Interesting idea, but I fear it will not reLLY BE BALANCED - especially if you consider the importance op placement of factories and bases in this game.

Overall I would say you could leave the balance of power similar, but add a few units - the ONE change I would forsee is that French Indochina is Japanese from the start. (pac)

Europe should offer more changes…

• There would have to be some modifications done to accommodate tac bombers and mechanized infantry but this way we could play 3 scenarios on the larger maps. Just an idea. By the way, I have an AA50 for sale. It has been played a few times but is still in excellent condition. If anyone is interested send me a message with an offer and the highest offer by 02/05/10 will get it along with the full set of Combat Dice from FMG. I also have a copy of 2nd edition, Revised, Europe, the original Pacific game, and Battle of the Bulge available for sale. Message me on those as well. I am keeping AAP40 and AA42. Thanks.

• If someone could do a Cold War setup that would be pretty sweet.  Even a WW1 setup would be nice, although it would be minus a few unit types.

• @skinny1:

I have an AA50 for sale. It has been played a few times but is still in excellent condition. If anyone is interested send me a message with an offer and the highest offer by 02/05/10 will get it along with the full set of Combat Dice from FMG. I also have a copy of 2nd edition, Revised, Europe, the original Pacific game, and Battle of the Bulge available for sale. Message me on those as well. I am keeping AAP40 and AA42. Thanks.

I am asking $250.00 for the AA50 game with the FMG dice. The game is in excellent condition. It has only been played about 3 or 4 times and plexiglass was always on top of the board.

• @skinny1:

I was thinking with the size of the new global 1940 game if anyone thought of using the set up cards from AA50 to use on the new boards for 1941 and 1942 scenarios?

I don’t know how well the setup cards from AA50 would work, but it would be awesome if a group of dedicated players with a good knowledge of WWII history playtested and came up with a '41 and '42 scenario.   better yet…

apparently Larry continued development of AAR after it was published, and released a series of “Larry Harris Tournament Rules”, and eventually Spring 1942.  Seeing as how I can’t imagine them coming out with a bigger game than 1940, I imagine this one will be around for a while, and I would think it will surely be reprinted at some point??.  I’m sure it’s a pipe dream, but wouldn’t it be awesome if LH and the team developed a '41 and '42 scenario… and who wouldn’t love some National Advantages too!?  If in some years they reprint the set of 2 games with 2 new scenarios, NA’s, a polished rulebook (destroyers at 9 IPC sub. ed.  :wink:), some minor tweaks (like AA42), etc, it would once again be a must-have even for the die-hard fans that already have a copy of the current Pac40.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m