• As the attacker, I’m I allowed to retreat form from a fight even before dice are rolled?
    Does units must retreat to the same territory, even if they come from opposite side of the territory being attacked and wouldn’t normally had the right to move there?

• did one of your attacking units come from the territory in question?

• For sure, you have to retreat in a territory from wich your are coming, my question is: even if some of thse units would’t have the rigth to do it normally (ie: the territory from wich some of the units come connect to the territory being attacked, but not the territory they will retrea too)

Most important, do you have to fight in a territory you moved in the combat phase or can you just decide not to fight when it come to that combat.  It could happen if you lost in other fight and decide to organise defense and dont want to loose any other units.

• @Boyardee:

As the attacker, I’m I allowed to retreat form from a fight even before dice are rolled?
    Does units must retreat to the same territory, even if they come from opposite side of the territory being attacked and wouldn’t normally had the right to move there?

No, I’m pretty sure you have to do at least one round of combat.  This can be especially disasterous if an amphibious assault must retreat prior to unloading, as your non-amphib assault units are stuck for that first round.  Plus, any amphibiously dropped units never have an option of retreating after they’ve been dropped off (which occurs after any naval battle in the associated seazone is complete).  I think the only exception to this is that Subs CAN choose to immediately submerge prior to any full round of combat (attack/then defense), if no enemy destroyer is present.

Yes.  It is possible to get units from one territory to another territory which they normally would not be able to reach through a retreat.  An example:  (on a revised map) German units from Norway could attack Karelia with units from West Russia and those units could then retreat to West Russia.

• When you conduct a combat, there’s a sequence you follow. The decision to retreat comes after both sides fire, so you have to conduct at least one round of shots before you can retreat.

Yes, you can end up moving farther than you would normally be allowed to.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m