Endgame rules to AAE & AAP combined game suggested chang

• OK, these are the end game rules for a AAE & AAP Combined game that I don’t think are that great but all my friends are sticklers for playing by the dam rules. So can anybody look these over and tell me what you think. On this post I have the Avalon Hill endgame vs. the post below with my version of endgame rules. Thanks for any suggestions!

ENDGAME
    There are specific things that happen when there is victory in one theatre (one game). But the following two rules apply to either board, no matter who won:

· Only the victor keeps the “Combat Movement” phase on the board where he won. He may use this phase to move into or out of combat situations. This does not necessarily lead to combat (see below). The defeated side does not get a Combat Movement phase in the theatre where he was defeated. This includes not being able to leave a combat situation (as that in itself is a combat move). The defeated party still gets combat movement in the other theatre.

· Only the victor keeps the “Resolve Combat” phase on the board where he won. However, this phase becomes optional. The victor may choose not to resolve combat in a territory or sea zone but leave a group of mixed forces in that space. In this case, ownership of the space does not change. The victor must resolve combat if he moves into an enemy capital still under the enemy’s control. If the victor ever chooses to Resolve Combat then peace is broken and war resumes in that theatre (the game goes back to being undecided).* An Ally, if on the victorious side, may liberate an enemy-held capital without breaking the peace. The defeated power(s) may not use the Resolve Combat phase in the theatre where he was defeated but may in the other theatre.

*It is still unclear what would happen if war resumes. That is, if the Allies hold Germany and then attack Germany, war would resume. But if the Allies still held Germany, how would the war and game end a second time? We’re working on it.

• ENDGAME

Once victory is achieved on a board, there is no more combat movement or resolve combat on that board. The victor keeps control and remains getting IPC’s for all territories gained. He also regains control for territories he owned at the beginning OF THE GAME. Also you may now non combat move into enemy owned territories and sea zones leaving mixed forces, for example if Japan won the Pacific game a American battleship and Japanese battleship may share a sea zone and do not ever resolve combat. You cannot non-combat move onto an enemy capital after a game is completed for that board. Example, Japan cannot drop of troops on United States or New South Wales. However if you took the enemy capital to win the game you keep control of it and the original owner and his allies may not non-combat move into it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m