• If Japan retakes an island such as Iwo Jima and/or Okinawa, does it retain the ability to utilize kamakazes in defense even though it currently controls PI, Iwo, and Okinawa.

• Krieg will check me on this but i believe that the answer is yes

• Official Q&A

Yes, it is.

• @Krieghund:

Yes, it is.

You never know, it might just change next week, with this Rulebook nothing is sure.

• Sorry but do you even need a plane to kamikaze? it seams kind of pointless otherwise

• @bulldog:

Sorry but do you even need a plane to kamikaze? it seams kind of pointless otherwise

No, you don’t need a plane.  They are simply 6 free chances to hit.

• Another Kamakaze question,

When does Japan make a kamakaze attack?  On Japans turn or on allies turn?  Can it be made against ships passing through a kamakaze sea zone on allies combat movement?

The rule book states “If an allied player has moved ships into one of the above sea zones, The Japanese player can announce during this phase the he or she intends……”

Does this include pass through or just ending in said sea zone?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Bube!

Kamikaze attacks are made on Allied powers’ turns.  Since these attacks happen in the Conduct Combat phase, they are carried out after all combat moves are completed.  As a result, they can only occur in sea zones where ships end their movement.

• So this means that if an Allied power moves a fleet into a valid kamikaze sz during their combat move in an attempt to attack a Japanese fleet, the Japanese, without any planes, simply declare a kamikaze attack and say which Allied ships they want to attack. Then they roll seperately for each Allied ship they chose on a two or less. If they score any hits, the Allied ship is destroyed without any firing (unless it’s a capital ship) and then general combat occurs. Each die that was rolled by the Japanese player counts as one of their six kamikaze attacks, correct?

• Official Q&A

Correct.  Of course, a capital ship can be destroyed if it was previously damaged or more than one Kamikaze attack hits it.

• I think its pretty cool that Japan use all six at once. Pretty big deterrent for the big beach head of Japan IMO.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m