• Regarding New Zealand, is the following correct?:

1)  It is considered an Island for game purposes.
    2) Therefore, it can scramble Fighters/Tac Bombers.
    3) Therefore, you cannot build an IC on New Zealand.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yes, all correct.

• '10

1. There is a minor factory complex on New Zealand.
  • Customizer

@marechallannes:

1. There is a minor factory complex on New Zealand.

This was fixed in an errata.  No IC on New Zealand, Major IC is now a minor in New South Wales.

• I feel bad for the people out there who open the game and have no idea about the 30000x changes because they don’t know about this site or even think “Gee, this is a brand new game, I better make sure they didn’t change the rules!”  And not to mention the fact that there is still nothing official about changes on WOTC’s site, the first place I would think they would look.

• Customizer

I think that’s the biggest thing that bothers me about all of this.  I understand that things can fly under the radar during production (although this is an awful lot flying under the radar).  I can’t believe the lack of support that WotC has for one of its newest products.  You can’t even download an original instruction booklet from the site yet, much less a corrected one.  Maybe if it was Magic: The Gathering - Pacific 1940, there would be more up-to-date support for it.

• I had the same issue/thoughts 3 wks or so ago looking for a PDF of the rulebook on their site.  And god forbid someone else put it up and risk copyright infringement!

Not sure what everyone else paid for this game, but mine was $90.  For $90 I could have a 1TB WD HD from newegg, and if there was so much as a fingerprint on it they would have replaced it.  WOTC’s cust serv is pretty miserable, and I would really like to know just how many people actually playtested the game, and what their suggested changes/balances actually were.  Nothing against anyone who worked on the game, I just don’t think WOTC had enough people playing it early on.  The map misprints etc, are all things that could be easily missed by a dedicated playtester, but more eyes on the board early on could have seen it and had sz connection issues in Korea remedied much earlier on.

• Customizer

The problem is, I don’t think any of the “playtesters” actually playtested the final product.  Almost all of the problems can be linked to production errors.

• Official Q&A

Playtesters never test the final product.  Once it’s final, it’s a little too late for testing.  Once the game design is finalized, it’s up to the editors to make sure that nothing changes during the translation from prototype to final product.  There are many steps in which mistakes can be made.

• The ICs and such in New Zealand.  For casual players that buy the game and never come here or call WotC they’ll probably never care.
    For me, sure there are things that could be fixed, enough pieces is a MUST fix, but the rest is largely indifferent for me.  Yes it might unbalance the game, but if you ever watch a game me or my friends place you’d cringe at our choices and moves.

We always play for social reasons, hang out with some beer, snacks, and A&A.

So I guess for me the game is still worth what I spent, tac bombers would be nice, but it’s still a decent product quality wise when compared to other games on the market and other things.  Certainly better than a $60 PS3/360 video game.

• @Krieghund:

Playtesters never test the final product.  Once it’s final, it’s a little too late for testing.  Once the game design is finalized, it’s up to the editors to make sure that nothing changes during the translation from prototype to final product.  There are many steps in which mistakes can be made.

Krieghund, this isn’t anything personal but when you say that there are many steps where mistakes can be made I completely agree but I would add that there should be a final step to throughfully check for any mistakes made before before the templates or molds or whatever go to the factory.
    This final step probably exists, but someone is clearing not doing their work properly. To me it is easier to justify mistakes like the non-existent New Zealand IC than typos like ‘artilley’ - all it takes is a simple spelling checker to fix those typos.

I’m starting to notice a trend that every thread in the P40 forum ends in this discussion.

So the real question is:

IS THERE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE AND IF SO, WHAT DO WE DO?

Otherwise, we will continue to just slam WOTC and complain about spending $90.

Thoughts anyone?

• '10

@bcguitars:

This was fixed in an errata.  No IC on New Zealand, Major IC is now a minor in New South Wales.

:-P

But there is still a habour and a airstrip on New Zealand.

What about those Figthers an the island?

The rest is supposed to be there. 3 fgr, 1 inf, AB, NB.

• TripleA '12

I think it’s a very poor show to be honest. WOTC really should have put some kind of article on their website regarding all the problems with this game. Even if it was just something along the lines of “we’re aware of the problems and we are looking to fix them… etc”. I can’t believe their lack of care and support!

• Official Q&A

If they didn’t care, you wouldn’t have seen the steps that we’ve already taken to fix this.  Things may be moving more slowly than you’d like, but they are moving.  Please have patience.

• @Krieghund:

If they didn’t care, you wouldn’t have seen the steps that we’ve already taken to fix this.  Things may be moving more slowly than you’d like, but they are moving.  Please have patience.

Just curious, what exactly is being done about these issues?

• OK Krieghund, but if you are in contact with WOTC…you could ask them to put somekind of information on their website about fixes and corrections. That’s just the minimal service for customers, not a crazy amount of work I think.

@KH:

OK Krieghund, but if you are in contact with WOTC…you could ask them to put somekind of information on their website about fixes and corrections. That’s just the minimal service for customers, not a crazy amount of work I think.

That seems fair. I’m thinking of all the people that don’t know to look on here for info. If there is something on the WOTC home site for A&A, it would help the casual owner find the right answers. And a lot of people may be looking at the WOTC site for info since they are likely interested in E40.

• Official Q&A

@IceCap:

Just curious, what exactly is being done about these issues?

Replacement battle strips are being made available through Wizards Customer Service, and the FAQ and errata is being prepared for publication on AH’s website.  Further remedies are also being considered, but I can’t discuss them at this point.

@KH:

OK Krieghund, but if you are in contact with WOTC…you could ask them to put somekind of information on their website about fixes and corrections. That’s just the minimal service for customers, not a crazy amount of work I think.

This will be done as soon as it is finalized.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m