• has anyone ever come up with good soviet winter rules that are historically based
    ??

• The only one I can think of is having tanks moving only 1 space in Russian territory.

• both russian and german??? the russians had good tanks that could get through the snow

• How about before every German turn, you roll a d6 and if it is 1/2 than you lose That #. if its 3/4 than that 3 units die of the cold or something and if its 5/6 than the guys are safe! you would do it once for every terretory. I think that the GERMANS ONLY would have problems with their tanks.

• Are you nuts! The Germans would be the only ones to have trouble with their tanks? Panzers were much more advanced than their Russian counterparts, or American, or British for that matter. Over whelming numbers among many other reasons are why Germany lost the war, not because their tanks were inferior to the russkies.

• No No No…. remember the t-34 russias main battle tank was built for russian winter and the german tanks were not, they were built for the western european weather. also the tread was wider on the russian tanks than the german tanks( the wider the tread the better off road capability and at the time there were not a lot of roads in russia (especially during winter )

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/t34.htm

if you want to read on this subject more I would sugest Richard J Maybury’s book: WW2 the rest of the story and how it affects you today

Published by bluestocking press

www.BluestockingPress.com

• but has anyone ever done the soviet winter that played??

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m