• I was playing Age of War 2 (http://www.maxgames.com/play/age-of-war-2.html)today because I was relly board and it was raining etc (alright game) and it got me thinking weather you could do this with AA, starting in 1900 where you can only buy infantry and transports and every turn there are set choices of upgrades. EG-Turn 1 could be artillary and destroyers. Sound good or too complecated.

• sounds pretty complicated, but might work  :|

• You fellows need to locate an old computer game called Command HQ.  They had four or five scenarios.  The first one is WWI, with only ground units, transports, subs and destroyers.

The second scenario is WWII, and they add aircraft carriers and planes.  The third is a sort of WWIII scenario.  The fourth is a random scenario where you just start with one city as the capitol and you opponent has only one city as a capitol.  This is  the basic “expand faster than your opponent” game.

This was one of the first RTS war games ever written whre you can play a human on another computer.  It was clearly inspired by Axis and Allies.

• @dinosaur:

You fellows need to locate an old computer game called Command HQ.  They had four or five scenarios.  The first one is WWI, with only ground units, transports, subs and destroyers.

The second scenario is WWII, and they add aircraft carriers and planes.  The third is a sort of WWIII scenario.  The fourth is a random scenario where you just start with one city as the capitol and you opponent has only one city as a capitol.  This is  the basic “expand faster than your opponent” game.

This was one of the first RTS war games ever written whre you can play a human on another computer.  It was clearly inspired by Axis and Allies.

How old is it?

• Command HQ came out in 1990

• what was the WW3 story?

• @Dylan:

what was the WW3 story?

Read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_HQ

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m