• I am currently in the middle of a game and we have run into a little discrepency.  The UK fleet is parked in seazone 4 (the one next to germany) and the german player has just built a carrier on his turn.  He did this thinking he could land air units on it.  I feel as though he can’t land that planes because they move on the noncombat movement and the carrier is built in the purchase units.  Since they move on the noncombat move phase they cannot enter and land in a hostile sea zone.  My opponet disagress saying this is no different than any other time a carrier is built and planes move to that seazone to land on it (in same turn.)

• @fanofbond:

I am currently in the middle of a game and we have run into a little discrepency.  The UK fleet is parked in seazone 4 (the one next to germany) and the german player has just built a carrier on his turn.  He did this thinking he could land air units on it.  I feel as though he can’t land that planes because they move on the noncombat movement and the carrier is built in the purchase units.  Since they move on the noncombat move phase they cannot enter and land in a hostile sea zone.  My opponet disagress saying this is no different than any other time a carrier is built and planes move to that seazone to land on it (in same turn.)

Aircraft are allowed to fly into a hostile territory or seazone during non combat, just as they’re allowed to fly over a hostile space to reach another during combat phase.  If it were a land space, they would need to move on, but since the seazone will be a legal landing space during the place movement phase, as enemy ships can share seazones during the place unit phase, those planes can land.  Basically, you can’t blockade ship or aircraft placement just because you happen to be in the seazone because a seazone is a huge sparsely populated space.

Clearly, your carrier was on manuevers in the swedish archipelago.  Sorry.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It’s right in the rulebook

You CAN build or land fighters on newly built Carriers.  As long as those fighters can reach that zone.

But cmon, Germany building an ACC! That shouldn’t bother you! :P

• @Gargantua:

But cmon, Germany building an ACC! That shouldn’t bother you! :P

True, if that’s all he built and the Allies have enough to easily destroy it.

But aircraft carriers ROCK, for ALL powers.  Now that they only cost 14, and who knows - in their game it’s possible it only cost 11!

Aircraft carriers are the most efficient way to get quick defense against air, in the sea.  I buy an aircraft carrier with Germany in almost every game, and yes, I usually win.

Now building one in SZ5 when it’s occupied, depending on the situation, may be a very bad idea, as you said.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m