• Played a game with some friends over the weekend, and the unimaginable happened.  I was playing as the UK and just wasn’t paying attention… left Britain open, and the German player saw the opportunity and invaded me with a tank, a dude, and his air force.

I thought for sure the game was over, especially because I’d been holding a large wad of cash, but the german player didn’t push his advantage.  I retreated some troops from norway and retook the UK; meanwhile a large stack of german tanks headed for moscow… and then the german player got cautious and didn’t push his advantage.

The US player went for some tech upgrades, lucked out and got heavy bombers and long-range aircraft.  The Japanese player was new, and while his strategy wasn’t bad, he just didn’t push into asia fast enough.  US bombers sent his transports to the bottom of the sea, and his IC in India wasn’t enough to win.

About 12 rounds into the game, the axis players resigned.

Unbelievable.

If I had been playing germany and been given that opportunity, I would have won the game in 3 rounds, almost guaranteed.  I’m still shaking my head at my luck.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m