• I have as china, on occasion, opened the road for the 6 extra IPC. However, I have never had it from the beginning of a turn, and thus never gotten artillery. My issue is, it is nearly impossible to have it open from the beginning of the turn and thus get artillery.

• '10

There is a possibility.

Chinese are able to place their production in a fresh occuppied territory. For example Yunnan.

Occupie Yunann.

Place your production in Yunnan.

Move 5 - 6  additional UK infantry, an UK AA-gun and all UK-aircraft in.

On your next turn, you will be able to buy chinese artillery.

Sounds easy. :-D

…or maybe the Japs kicks your a** out of Yunnan and rushes India.

• i will say that when the Burma road is open…makes it a lot more interesting fpr China…they can really give the Japs headaches…

• How can China even have the money to buy artillery? Even if the road is opened, I only buy infantry because you are usually always on the defensive.

• @maverick_76:

How can China even have the money to buy artillery? Even if the road is opened, I only buy infantry because you are usually always on the defensive.

If your income is 13 and the road is open 3 inf, 1 art… very possible, and useful to grab a territory here and there…

• @jeff10461:

@maverick_76:

How can China even have the money to buy artillery? Even if the road is opened, I only buy infantry because you are usually always on the defensive.

If your income is 13 and the road is open 3 inf, 1 art… very possible, and useful to grab a territory here and there…

I’m of the opinion (with $13ipc) to buy 3art and save $1ipc.  Buy as many as you can, you may only get 1 chance to buy art. Then the China hoard can move about (if that is a good strat for the situation you are in) and buy inf latter; without being tied to the Burma Road area.

• @maverick_76:

Defending as China is a losing game.  There is nowhere that you can make a stand and not be obliterated by Japanese air power.  Your best bet is to do your best to create dead zones and counter-attack the Japanese when they enter them, thereby avoiding their air advantage.  For these attacks, artillery are excellent.  I was using this to good effect against my opponent this weekend.  Eventually he just did an air-raid on my stack of 6-7 inf and fighter.  I rolled well and took out four or five planes, but it was still worth it for him.

• UK AA gun can get there by UK2.  By there I mean china.  Try a UK1 purchase of 4 mech, then move all units toward Yunnan.  China should have earned 15 IPC on turn 1, they retake Yunnan, place 5 inf there, then add the UK 9 inf, 1 art, 4 mech, aa gun, and 5 planes.  If Jap hits that turn 3 they will loose planes, alot of planes.

• I do not think the UK may enter China until there is a DOW.  Just reinforcing China permits the Japanese to attack UK and ANZAC units and territories.

I move the AA gun to Burma on UK1 and I begin stacking my ground units there in preparation for the big fight in China.  Later, I have to make a decision about how to defend India.  There comes a point where you have to decide if you are going to buy a few subs or stick with mainly infantry.  The AA gun is important to maintaining your flow of infantry into the battle.

• As far as I can see, as the UK push everything you can into Yunnun and if Japan goes for Burma, just hit their units their.

• @dinosaur:

I do not think the UK may enter China until there is a DOW.  Just reinforcing China permits the Japanese to attack UK and ANZAC units and territories.

You think correct.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

It is easy to forget though that you can not put troops in there until attacked by Japan.  :mrgreen:

I started to but then my friend reminded me.  In fact I have done this twice.  Strike three and he probably will just let me.  :roll:

Sean

• Well if Japan doesn’t declare war till turn 3 then yes, china is pretty much screwed.  I was speaking in relation to an earlier war declaration.

• That is what I mean though. For me I try and defend the Burma Road because it gives you that extra bonus. And if the Japanese player is smart, he will wait till turn 3 so he can wrap up China pretty much by the time the UK can try and send troops to help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m