• So, how to pull off Operation Barbarossa… marching the German army into the Motherland.

It’s all speculation at this point, what with the map still being unknown and all. Any thoughts on strategy? What to build?

• Customizer

We have to assume (unfortunately) that capturing Moscow closes down Soviet production everywhere, so taking the capital will be everything.  Probably worth evacuating Italy from Africa to pile all you have into Russia, or at least move into Turkey/Iraq/Iran to open up another front against Russia (before attacking Russia itself?)

OR, depending on the map, it may still be prudent to grab a trading zone in western Russia and go on the defensive waiting for the Japanese tanks to show up; hopefully Moscow will to too far away from Manchuria to make this strategy viable.

• I always thought that if Germany took Russia in any A&A game…the axis usually wins the game…

• Italy Can openers for germany, who pushes thruogh the breech with mech infantry and Tanks and stuckas.

an early version can be done on turn 2….or a stronger version on turn 3…but you might have to hold off your J1s and J2s to do it without invoving other powers…somehow, not sure on the specifics here but im hoping for a Russian NO that is linked to them getting more IPCs if the US and UK are invoved in the conflict

Holding off as japan might be neccesary, we will se

• Evacuating Italy from Africa? Is that really a viable strategy? Even if it helps the Germans a lot on the eastern front, doesn’t it allow the allies to roam free in North Africa? But then on the other hand, I guess that if it helps Germany take Moscow faster, it may be worth it.

• @RJL518:

I always thought that if Germany took Russia in any A&A game…the axis usually wins the game…

In my past experience that was always the case. Im willing to bet that one of the German NOs might be to take Stalingrad.

• @RJL518:

I always thought that if Germany took Russia in any A&A game…the axis usually wins the game…

And it is certainly over when Japan takes Moscow.

• @molinar13:

@RJL518:

Im willing to bet that one of the German NOs might be to take Stalingrad.

Not without taking Kaukasus also. They should get NO bonus as long as they hold both Stalingrad and Kaukasus at the same time, representing Fall Blau.

• After I saw pictures of the AAPacific map (much russian territory), I believe Japan will need a long time to reach Moscow.

Depending on how the “triggers” for entering the war are constructed: 1940 - its a long way until Japan might go to war (on the Pacific thrads J3-4 are discussed)

If a Japanese attack at Russia also triggers a war with the Wetern allies then Japan might arrive late at Moscow (good thing IMHO). T3-4 + 3-4 turn marching through Russia make T6-8 at Moskows gate. By then Germany should have built quite a pressure on Russia or have lost the game alltogether ;))

• @i:

the germans and italyions should take moscow by themselves not the naps!

I really don’t think Cleveland’s baseball team pose that much of a threat to the Motherland even if they do have Shoeless Joe.

• @Raeder:

Evacuating Italy from Africa? Is that really a viable strategy? Even if it helps the Germans a lot on the eastern front, doesn’t it allow the allies to roam free in North Africa? But then on the other hand, I guess that if it helps Germany take Moscow faster, it may be worth it.

It only takes 2 units plus a plane to can opener, even less if you want to go risky.

• As far as I can see, I Japan goes after Russia it will take him to long to get to it. It will be at least J8 before he is a Mosocw gates, and by then, I they havent lost Japan, the Chiniese will have taken all of China, Brittish and ANZACs will have the DEIs and Japan will be on the verge off been taken.

Next time you get out Pacific, play with yourself and give away 10-30 IPCs a round into Russia (make a resonible set-up for them).

• If the U.S. does not have a combined income (were the U.S. spends 50 towards pacific and 50 towards europe) the I think Japan should not even focus on Russia. The already have a beast after them why be distracted and attack another? Sure Germany will distract most Russian forces But with Japan also attacking this takes up resources and will give the U.S. an opportunity to just pick a Japan’s defense. Again only if the U.S. has no combined income. If the U.S. does have a combined income then that will drastically change strategies.

• Hopefully Japan has their hands full enough to not even think of attacking Russia.

• That’s what Im hoping for, unless Larry put some rule were Japan and Russia have a non aggression treaty for good, but I dont think players would like this.

• I think the idea is to make attacking Russia as Japan not wise unless the US pays no attention to that front, at which point the energy which would have gone into fighting the Eagle can instead go to the Bear.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m